I'm home! Woo-hoo! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home!  Woo-hoo! I'm home! Woo-hoo!

Unread 04-01-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

Hi Linda,

I can't believe all you've been through. It's wonderful news that this resection will most likely be your "cure". I'm very happy for you....you deserve some good news!

I'm just overjoyed for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2003, 05:44 AM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

Linda,
I wouldn't worry too much about the weight right now. Yes, swelly belly does indeed add pounds. I went to the Osteo doc a few weeks ago and was extremely swollen, she gave me a shot and the next day I went back to turn in my test kit and the swelling was down and my weight was down by 4 pounds!

You know the drill and some more!
Unread 04-02-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

Welcome home, Linda! You're doing great by the sounds of it. Enjoy the pampering and rest a lot! Best wishes for continued, uneventful healing and recovery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2003, 08:56 AM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

Thanks (((ladies)))!

Ya know, this continues to amaze me. (((locki))), thanks for mentioning the HRT. I did continue with my HRT in the castle. The only thing I changed hormone wise was I moved my patch maybe an inch or two further back (I've been wearing it on either hip) a few days before the surgery, to make sure it was well out of their way. So it's possible I am getting just slightly more estrogen now than before. I also had to discontinue all vitamins and supplements for a few days there, and am only just now starting to slowly add them back (still no Vitamins C or E, Ca, Mg or Zn), and...
  • my blood pressure was 124/75 this morning
  • all my joint pains have disappeared
  • I am able to go to bed early (for me ) and am sleeping like a baby
  • my bladder isn't telling me it's full prematurely
  • and constipation is a thing of the past

About the bladder thing, it seems that the bad section of my colon was sitting down on top of the bladder and causing it to feel full when it wasn't... I can now go about twice as long between having to urinate than just a week ago.

Also, this morning I was down 3 lbs from yesterday. So... somebody pinch me, is this for real? If only my belly didn't hurt, I'd have to say I feel better than I have since before my hyst.

I'm adding back the supplements slowly, a couple at a time, to see if at some point my symptoms might return, or if this miraculous improvement is really just related to the removal of my colon. Maybe that diseased tissue was just stressing out my body so much it was reacting in those ways?

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I really want to know WHY here, because maybe it could help some other sisters if I knew.

Well, the are knocking at the door... I'm off to the recliner for a while!
s to you all,
-Linda
Unread 04-02-2003, 12:08 PM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

This is so fascinating and wonderful that your previous
symptoms are gone!!! I have heard that pain can elevate blood pressure. It does make you wonder if the pain, infection
from the perforated colon, and the stress level, adrenaline,cortisol, etc. from the diverticulitis could have anything to do with raising your bp??? Congratulations on a clean bill of health!!!! Enjoy your new body!!!!!
Now, please get plenty of rest!!!
Unread 04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

((((((((((((((LINDA))))))))))))))

I am sitting here with big fat happy tears rolling down my cheeks. I haven't been here in a while, and came here looking for you my dear. I am so HAPPY that you had such great care at the castle with Victor, ((((Audrey)))) & ((((Lynda)))). You are loved by many sweet sister.

I believe that this surgery happened just at the right time in your life (by the sounds of everything they found etc). And I believe that you are well on your way to that off ramp, and it fills my heart with joy!

Please do take it easy, and be a good Princess. You have a great deal of healing to do. OKay...I'll get off my soapbox now- I just had to get that in there.

I'm guessing that your body was filled with so much disease/pain...that your whole immune system etc. was fighting like a dickens to keep you going. It is truly amazing that you were even able to function. I bet your bod is sighing one big sigh of relief now. They say that everything in our body is connected...so I think it makes sense at the improvement you are feeling/seeing - YEA!!!!

I will keep you in my prayers and look forward to hearing more about your recovery - ONLY WHEN THE PILLOW POLICE SAY YOU ARE ALLOWED TO POST! Sorry for the caps...I'm just so excited for you!

I am sending you many gentle healing S and a

Love,

Jude
Unread 04-02-2003, 07:01 PM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

Welcome home Linda... I know, I know: I'm late with the welcomes... again

I'm so happy everything went really well. And your wonderful has done such a great job of keeping us posted and making sure that you rest and play the role of the pampered Princess. Speciall hugs going your way

I'm glad that you feel so much better. Please, do rest as much as you can. Sending lots of ((((hugs))))) your way.
Unread 04-02-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

(((((Linda)))))

I am so happy that things are going well! Prayers do get answered. It is so good to have you back.

Take it easy - the are on full alert!

s
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm home! Woo-hoo!

(((Linda))),

I am overjoyed to hear you did so well, sweetie! I love happy endings!

Take extra good care of yourself!

Sherry
Unread 04-02-2003, 09:31 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!!!

I'm very happy for you that you are home! Wow! I can't believe what you went through, you're quite a trooper!
Take care and hope to talk to you soon.
Love ya,
Trollswoman

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register