I'm still here, just lurking in the background...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm still here, just lurking in the background...... I'm still here, just lurking in the background......

Unread 04-01-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm still here, just lurking in the background......

Hi girls , just wanted to say hi in case anyone was wondering where I've been!! I am sort of in a holding pattern until I can see the uro...and work up the nerve to head back to the GP and ask for a 2nd referral (hopefully sooner) and to see a bowel and gyn as well I guess.

My bladder is giving me pure h#$ll lately and feels like it's going to fall out constantly.......and I am just so exhausted all the time no matter how much sleep I get, I have to think they're missing something bigtime?

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and let y'all know that I"m still around reading posts and responding when I can/or have something helpful to add........but you are all here in my and I am thinking of you, I just don't have much on the positive side to add while I'm in this "holding pattern".

but I'll be here .....'s!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2003, 03:01 PM

Gidge....sorry to hear you are on hold. I always find that to be highly aggravating.

Hope time passes quickly and that you get the help you need sooner than later!!

Unread 04-01-2003, 09:57 PM

((gidge))

I am sorry to hear you are in a holding pattern dear, please try and get yourself into the DR. I know sometimes we don't want to deal with what they have to say but maybe they will come across an answer for you real soon! This medical stuff can be so frustrating and it looks like you have already had your share of stuff dear. Please keep us posted no matter how low you feel we are always here to send an extra if you need it.

Big s for strength to move forward,
lenee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2003, 11:31 PM

Hi gidge,

I know all about holding patterns and I've had some awful bladder problems. I don't know what tests you've had... so this is probably of no use but...make sure an x-ray is done of the bladder to rule out a stone. I had a large stone (5mm) lodged in the tube at the opening to the bladder. It took 5 months for the thing to line up correctly and then pass. My gp and 2 gyns missed this. I thought I was having a prolapse of some sort but all along was feeling the buldge of the stone.
I hope you find some answers soon.

Maralyn
Unread 04-02-2003, 05:50 AM

Gidge,
I'm sorry that you're in a holding pattern , but I do understand as I sorta feel that's where I am right now. I still can't believe that the uro can't get you in until July! That is soooo crazy. Please try to stop by your gp and see if you can't get in somewhere sooner. I'm sending some s for you.
Unread 04-02-2003, 09:45 AM

thanks so much for the hugs and words of encouragement

I know darn well I need to get in to see the GP but by the end of the day I feel so bloody awful (pain, exhausted) just want to go home and lie down.......and I don't want to take the time from work so I go when he's in the clinic and you have to wait at least an hour to see him

This is the first time I've felt this way, I just really want to bury my head and hope for it all to go away, and instead it's all just getting worse so I know I have to go!!

I just have to work up the courage is all, thanks for being there girls it means alot

(Ps yesterday I lifted a box at work that was really light and I actually "felt" it in my bladder it sort of spasmed and then I got this pain and a little bit of leaking......loveyly at 37yrs of age)
Unread 04-02-2003, 01:17 PM

Gidge,

Your well being is more important than your work. But only you know what the least stressful senario is for you....so, please take some time for yourself and see that GP when it will be the least stressful for you.

Maybe he can get things moving more quickly with the uro. Hang in there and keep us posted!!!

from your fellow 30-something sister...
Unread 04-02-2003, 02:10 PM

ahhh thanx Michelle

I just have to make myself go, I guess after all I've been through I've lost abit of my fight and just can't believe I have another issue to deal with, I know it won't go away until I do, yet, still I can't make myself get there.......

I'm going to try and make it Friday night when he's in the clinic again....the other frustrating thing is sometimes there is plain nothing he can do either and then I'm really ticked for taking the time.......

thanks for listening!!!
Unread 04-03-2003, 07:51 AM

Dear ((((((Gidge))))))

I am so sorry that you are in this 'holding pattern.' While I understand my dear...I urge you to see your GP tomorrow night. You may have to wait for your referral appointments...so you might as well get that part done. I know it's hard sweetie....and I am keeping you in my prayers.

Even if your GP cannot do anything (I pray he can) then hopefully he can get the ball rolling on the referrals. I just got a couple and they aren't until July or something

I am in a kind of holding pattern myself. This horrible SARS has most if not all of the hospitals in my area operating on a very strict schedule. The pain clinic I am in is closed from what I can tell...and I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't reach someone to get my meds. I run out in 5 days...and I'm considered an out-patient at this hospital. I also had many tests/appointments scheduled that were cancelled as a result. Some I had waited a long time for. Sorry to go on...it is all so scary and out of my control.

I am sending you lots of S and please please see your GP. I'll look for your post on Friday night
Unread 04-03-2003, 09:26 AM

thanks Jude

I am going to try to make myself go on Friday night, ya know I never understood when people said they just wanted to pretend their health problem didn't exist and avoid the dr until now....I guess I just can't accept the fact that there is something ELSE wrong with me and deal with it, but I'm working on it I really am!!!

I would start working on that pain med prescript if I were you, can you leave a message at the pain clinic at all even tho it's closed? Best of luck to you too sweetie, I know I have to get proactive again here I just seemed to have lost the wind in my sails temporarily............hang in there too!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register