Hot Ear Flashes? LOL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hot Ear Flashes? LOL Hot Ear Flashes? LOL

Unread 04-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Hot Ear Flashes? LOL

Hey Sisters,
I,m doing really well on the Menest 1.25 (Premarin was a [email protected] nightmare). The only thing is this week my ears will turn red and feel hot to the touch for about 15 min then it will go away. Is this some kind of flash or is alot of people talkin bad about me and my ears are burning? LOL Seriously it sort of makes my cheeks hot too. Has anyone have this happen???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Hot Ear Flashes? LOL

I don't know, but my adolescent daughter has "hot ear flashes" too! I hope somebody who does know something replies 'cause I'm curious.
Unread 04-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Hot Ear Flashes? LOL

Hi, I get Hot Ear Flashes when my Blood Pressure goes up and that is related to the estrogen patch wearing out. It is really freaky. My right ear get bright red and is soooo hot and then the rest of my head starts to hurt. Just had this happen yesterday and my BP was 140/96 which is high compared to my regular of 120/70 .

My Dr said that low levels of estrogen cause migraines which cause elevated BP.

Good luck and i hope you find an answer for me too

Christina
TVH 12/13/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Ear flashes

I get hot earflashes too but mine are related to alergies and rosacea. It usually happens when I eat certain foods that cause me to flush. Hot foods like coffee & tea especially if they contain caffene. Tomatoes. Brocoli & Cauliflower. Spicy foods especially if they have a tomatoe base like BBQ sauce. Also extreeme differences in temps., i.e, comming in from the cold to an overheated room. Being extremely tired or ill will also make my ears flush. I am a little fair skinned and have been told that fair skinned people do tend to flush or flash a little more often. I always know when I am having an earflash because along with turning red my ears also itch a little bit as it begins. Also, I have noticed that I generally flush durring exercise. My flushing has led to rosacea, which is treatable skin disorder. It is very common in menopausal women. If you notice that you are beginning to get what looks like acne on your face or areas that you are flushing, talk to your doctor about it, it could be rosacea. There is a rosacea society. They have a web page, I think it's rosacea society.com. or close to it. I hope this helps! Also, flushing can be as a result of high blood pressure so please be careful!
Unread 04-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Hot Ear Flashes? LOL

I think the ear flashes are your way of having a hot flash. I had that and in my neck too. It would rise up the back of my neck to my ears. Hot Flash!!! that is what my mother told me anyhow. She laughed at me and said "welcome to menopause"
Unread 04-03-2003, 02:38 PM
me too!

I've had this ever since my surgery. It starts in my left ear, and
then my whole face will be hot and red. The new doctor I am
going to said this is due to rosacea. I apply a prescription
ointment on my face daily. It is not as intense as it used to be.
sharon...
Unread 04-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Earflashes

I think that a lot of women do get rosacea when they begin to go through menopause. Rosacea is actually caused my flushing (the tiny capilaries and blood vessels in you skin filling very quickly with blood) The reason women get rosacea at menopause is because of the flushing caused by hot flashes. There are lots of medications that can control the symptoms of rosacea, (which are generally red patches, itchy bumps, pustules and sometimes skin growths). Medication can even put it into remission so to speak, but the best cure for it is to find out what is making you flush in the first place and to treat it. HRT is a common answer for some women. Some women don't like to take hormones so they just treat the symptoms, usually with an ointment applied a couple of times a day. My dr. also told me that this is probably a heriditary or inherited condition.
Unread 04-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Hot Ear Flashes? LOL

Lahfrog
I have the same thing going on!! I am not on HRT and have yet to have my Hyster it happends on on side only- neck up. I freak out thinking that its Shingles or something. Dh said I am a hot head!! by the way I'm 40
Best of Luck
Ding

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register