Bacterial Vaginosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bacterial Vaginosis Bacterial Vaginosis

Unread 04-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Bacterial Vaginosis

Dear Carolyn,
I just read your post. I had a similar problem. I think what a lot of prople don't understand is that antibiotics kill the good bacteria as well as the bad, yet for some reason thats what the drs keep prescribing. I finally decided I was not going to take anymore antibiotics. I went to the health food store and bought liquid acidophilus. I took it three times a day after meals. It really helped me a lot, by replacing the good bacteria in my body. I've read that if you are a big carb eater, this could be causing the problem too. The acidophilus is not the greatest tasting but it was worth it for me. You might want to give it a try.

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Me too!

I'm just finishing up Augmentin and soon moving on to Diflucan, but still having a little discharge (4 months post-SAH). Mine is actually a little pink/bloody, when I check it close to my cervix. Anyone else have this or thoughts about this? I am worried it is not from the bacterial or yeast infection, but something else, as I kept my cervix and am still having some post-op pain -- I am thinking this is not a "mini-periods," because my discharge is happening at all different times of the month.

Loretta
Unread 04-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Bacterial Vaginosis

Loretta, sounds like you may have some granulation tissue that needs some attention. I haven't had that, but have read several posts by women who have been treated for that. Maybe you should give your doctor a call and let him know what you are going through. I saw the doc last Fri. (April 18). I did not post that I have been on Clindamycin for a 7 day treatment of 900mg every six hours. My pharmacist saw that prescription and told me I should call doc to make sure he really wanted me to take that much per day. His reply was "yes, that's the dosage I want you to take so we can bombard your system with these antibiotics". Well, when I saw the doc last Fri. he still saw alot of irritation and not only did he see an abundance of bacteria, I now have yeast again. Back to the pharmacy! He did take a sample for culture and he expects to get the results in 2wks. I forgot what the incubation period is for a vaginal culture. Anyway, I decided not to take any more antibiotics. I've had it. I just hope my body gets back to normal without any other help. Let me know if you seek help from your doc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2003, 07:04 AM
Bacterial Vaginosis

loretta,
it also does sound like granulation to me. this is not a serious condition and is something the dr can take care of in the office with silver nitrate (i think). either way, do call your dr as this is something that should be looked at.
Unread 04-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Me too

I did try the tea tree oil suppositories. It seems to help while they're inside but once they are dissolved I'm back to the ol' drawing board. I take the lactobacilli in a pill form, I did a internal cleaning program as well as a colon irrigation thing...all to no avail. I think the diet associated with the cleansing thing worked but I would have to eat close to nothing for the rest of my life. I am going to try the cleomycin. My Dr said, "We can give it a try but BV is pretty recurring." That was pretty discouraging to hear. I want BV to go away as much as I wanted my uterine problem to go away. I did read once that a women got estrogen suppositories from her DR after cleomycin treatment and she never had it again. She went to an infectious disease physician...

Please...keep posting with any ideas...
Unread 04-26-2003, 05:41 AM
Bacterial Vaginosis

FaithfulO,

If I may make a suggestion? First go online and research Candida Albicans. It is a bacteria normaly found in the body. But due to diet (Too much yeast) there can be an overgrowth which could be the culprit here. There can also be an over abundance of this bacteria from taking to many antibiotic. these are just a few things I read. I don't remember the websites but if you type in Candida Albicans and hit search you'll find them. I went to the health food store and bought a product called Candida cleanse and also liquid acidophilus. Boy what a difference!!!!!!!!!!! I also started eliminating products with yeast. Let me know how you make out, I feel so bad that you are not getting any relief.

s

DIANE
Unread 04-26-2003, 12:59 PM
BV

Pinky,

Thanks for the tips. I did try the Candida Cleanse program. I think I will try the liquid acidophilus. Now I take the pill form. Very frustrating. Thanks again. I may go to a holistic dr as well..otion:
Unread 02-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Bacterial Vaginosis

thankyou for this informative thread. I've just posted over in post op asking a question about spotting at 6 months, and what you ladies are talking about sounds very like granulation tissue (wasn't aware of that possibility, we live and learn) and the vaginosis info is also very good.

thanks
Unread 02-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Why BV after TVH

Thanks for the great information WACHUSETT. Why do you suppose that so many of us are having this problem? I had a TVH in June of 2003 and since then, I've noticed that I seem to get really itchy and irritated, especially after repeated intercourse. Since the surgery, I've noticed that there is not much natural lubrication down there, so my DH and I use lubrication but I still feel very susceptible to BV and yeast infections. I never had them prior to having the TVH. Does the surgery make the vagina's ph change drastically? I kept my ovaries so my hormones shouldn't be contributing to this.

Also, if anyone can shed some light on this. I tend to have light pink spotting following intercourse at times. It's not enough to wear a pad and it's gone quickly. What could be causing this? I'm not due to see my physician until this June but it does bother me when I see the pink discharge. There's no pain associated with this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register