4th Chemo treatment today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4th Chemo treatment today 4th Chemo treatment today

Unread 04-02-2003, 09:59 PM
4th Chemo treatment today

with my second time on TAxol. It went very smoothly no problems whatsoever. I even took a little nap. i got home, ate lunch, took another nap.

Now I feel great. I'm not too tired yet, I'll see how I feel tomorrow. hopefully, I will feel up to working. I'm only working 4 hours a day, and I thought that was not enough, and even argued with my nurse & dr about working full time. Boy was I wrong, and they right. I come home everyday, eat lunch, and take a nap, before I dial in and work a little more. Some days, I don't even work from home, just stay and rest.

BUT, at least I am able to work from home, if I need to. They told me if I can't go into the office for the four hours, just call in and tell them, I will be dialing in and working from home, that would be fine.

So anyway, can't wait to see the Dr in two weeks and see how this treatment went. Hopefully, I won't have to do too many treatments, but I seem to think it will be more than 6 as many of you all just have to do, but we will see.

On another note, there was a new girl today, undergoing her first treatment. She had the same allergic reaction I did, except her's was worse. She couldn't relax enough to breath with the oxygen. They ended up calling EMS and she had to go to the hospital.

The Dr came back and said she was fine. Boy, am I glad I didn't have to go to the hospital after my first treatment, it would make the second one that much harder. Hopefully she will be doing fine.

Anyway, that's my news. Talk to you guys later....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2003, 06:19 AM

Tammy
I am glad to hear that you are tolerating the treatments better. Dont overdue with work. Your employer sounds awesome and so understanding. You must be a valued employee. Take care Chris
Unread 04-03-2003, 08:29 AM
chemo treatment

what is this about a reaction to chemo? oh no....my mind can do horrible things with that. How do they "fix" that? or not? I will be doing chemo - after radiation - will let you all know the dates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2003, 09:19 AM
gucu, don't worry to much....

as I understand it, not too many people have a reaction to the chemo.

In my Dr's office, there were just the two of us. And they told me it must be me... I was the first, and I was the only one having treatment when my neighbor had her reaction. Of course they were only kidding with me.

so try not to worry so much....
Unread 04-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Clobbering Those Cancer Cells

Just think of all those cancer cells that dared invade your body and hide from surgery--right now they're dying off and putting out an invisible (to you) sign on your body that this is a dangerous place for cancer cells and don't enter. It's unusual that there'd be that reaction while you were there--your having had one yourself. This is rare--I hear with taxol about 2% maybe. You two are the 2%ers. Ellen
Unread 04-03-2003, 06:57 PM

Seeeeee...... the treatments do get easier as we go along.
Before you know it you will be finished.

Hang in there...

Rosalie
Unread 04-03-2003, 07:38 PM

s Tammy

I think the number of people who have the allergic reaction to taxol is much higher than 2%. But as scary as it is, it is manageable. When they first started using taxol for ovarian cancer in the early 90's, patients were actually admitted to intensive care units for the infusion. Now days, anyone starting taxol should receive a thorough explanation ahead of time regarding the possibility, and the chemo nurse should sit right at their side as the infusion begins. Actually it is not the taxol that causes the problem but the fluid it is diluted in. Or so my gyn onc at Fox Chase told me.
Glad you are handling it so well now Tammy.
Keep up the great attitude!!!

Karenann
Unread 04-04-2003, 04:16 PM

Dear Tammy,

I thought of you when I got my first chemo, especially since I remembered that you'd had breathing difficulties. I'm so happy I didn't have any, and am also glad that the reaction your chemo-mate had didn't do her any harm.

I have had a hard time for the past two days. Lots of bone and body pain. I cried three times yesterday. Ibuprofen and Acetominophen didn't seem to work. Darvocet didn't help and neither did Diuladid. So I am not looking forward to having to go through that pain every time.

I feel a little better today, but am tired and still achey. I hope that every chemo gets a little easier. I'm a little nauseated but the doctor only gave me 10 Anzimet pills, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take them everyday. I'll have to call.

Anyway, I'm happy you got through your fourth treatment! Though I just had my first, I am looking forward to my sixth! You're almost there, so that must be a great feeling!
Unread 04-04-2003, 04:32 PM

Hi Siren...

Boy oh boy do I remember those "bone" pains.. That was the only way that I was able to describe it to anyone. The only reassuring thing I can tell you is that it only lasts for 2 days. I used to get my chemo on a Thursday, I was fine on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday, the bone pain hit. By Monday, it was gone and I was fine again.

Now as for the Anzimet pills. I also took them and did not have any nausea at all. You need to take one pill, once a day, for the first 3 days after the chemo. They worked like a charm.

Hang in there.

Rosalie
Unread 04-04-2003, 05:37 PM

Hi, Rosalie!

Bone pain *****. Nothing seemed to work for it. I just sat and cried. :-(

I took Anzimet for three days, but I'm feeling somewhat nauseated today and wonder if I should take another one or not. I haven't thrown up at all (thankfully!), but I have been nauseated for a few hours. Eating didn't help. Not eating isn't helping either.

:-(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register