Bowels and ovaries - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowels and ovaries Bowels and ovaries

Unread 04-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Bowels and ovaries

Well, I had my gyn. appt. today. I am going to start taking a natural herbal supplement called Remifem.......reduces menopausal symptoms. At 34, I didn't think I would have to worry about that "M" word this soon. Anyhow.......
I had a pelvic done also. As soon as my ovaries were touched I about shot off the table. Talk about sensitivity!!! Yikes! So, for this fact dr. decided that I need to have an ultrasound on Tues. to see if they can see what is going on in there. Depending on what that shows, says they may also need to do a lap. to see if adhesions are a problem. All I know now is that inside I am a bit sore now around the ovary areas. Now, all the pain I was having with the IBS I am now wondering if that has been ovary pain. I guess I will find out on Tues.
Also, thanks for all the responses. Although I don't wish any problems on others, it is good to know that you are not 'alone' sometimes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Bowels and ovaries

Couch,
I know how painful those internals can be!!! I had my transvaginal ultrasound to check the ovaries for a cyst, and I had pain on my rt. side for almost two wks. afterwards. It almost felt like a burning or pulling pain, I was wondering if it tore something. Saw the gyno again and she thought it was the pushing to find the ovary they were investigating, and it pushed upon scar tissue on the cervix and bladder. The ultrasound showed multiple bowel loops that seemed distended so gyno. sent me to a G.I Dr. and I am having a sigmoidoscope on Mon. As mentioned before, the bladder, bowels, cervix, ovaries are now so close in proximity to each other since they kind of "fall" into new locations since the uterus is gone. I still wonder about scar tissue, since my ovaries and bladder seem so tempermental. It def. seems cyclical too to when I would have had a period. Seems to be at ovulation time it is the worst. I hope the remifem works for you...Let me know how your appt. goes next week!
Take care,
Paula
Unread 04-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Bowels and ovaries

(((coach))) your exam sounds EXACTLY like mine, I almost jumped off the table and hurt for days after. That is what convinced my doc to send me right back to the gyn.

If any of you are going to have a lap and adhesions are a possibility please read this and do do do ask!!

I found it after my surgery and am now wishing I had asked about barriers - each day I am more sure I have new adhesions.

What Should I Ask My Doctor About Adhesions?

Because adhesions are quite common following surgery, and potentially can result in serious complications, it’s very important to discuss them prior to any abdominal or pelvic operation. Learn all you can about what your surgeon plans to do to to help prevent adhesions.
It may be helpful to be prepared with the following questions:

How likely is it that adhesions will form as a result of this procedure?

What will be done during the procedure to help prevent adhesions from forming?

Is the use of a barrier method of adhesion prevention right for me?

Are there symptoms of adhesions that I should watch for as I recover from surgery?

http://www.ethicon.com/womens_health.../talk_doc.html

hope you all feel good soon,

love
Steph

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register