most bizarre feeling....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

most bizarre feeling....... most bizarre feeling.......

Unread 04-03-2003, 05:00 PM
most bizarre feeling.......

ok well as some of you know my GP has diagnosed me with a possible cystocele/rectocele and i"m on the the waiting list to get into see a new uro.....I've had three episodes now where it feels like I'm walking around with a catheter in and of course I'm not.......... and then it goes away.

...today all day as I"ve been sitting it's been hurting like hell, it feels like I"ve got a tampon in sideways and it's poking me in the left side of the vagina/rectum......does this sound like any of you that had either of these things? Sorry for the graphics/visuals

thanks girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2003, 07:31 PM

((((Gidge)))))) YES, YES, YES, that's exactly how it felt when I had my rectocele: like there was a tampon falling out or, at it's worse, like I was sitting on a narrow fence.

I know how long the waiting lists are in but, hopefully, your wait won't be too long.

Sending lots s your way.
Unread 04-03-2003, 07:38 PM
OMG

Goodness Gidge... I have been away for a while and things still haven't worked out you. I so sorry to hear that things are not doing well for you. I have not experience that feeling but I do have a sister having some test and she is having the same symptons. I am sending lots of

Take care. I will keep you in prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 04:08 AM

GO TO THE ER!!!
MB5
Unread 04-04-2003, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the replies girls

Today it seems abit better......just like the falling out feeling comes and goes, my GP said sometimes these things go back up temporarily??

I plan to stop by and see him tonight and give him an update on what's been going on and see if he can get me in sooner with the uro and get a referral to a new bowel doc and new gyn as well........hopefully today goes by quickly!

if there is anyone else out there that has had this particular feeling I would luv to hear from you thanks alot!!
Unread 04-07-2003, 10:08 AM

Well the cat had to go to the vets ($150 later and waiting on bloodwork to find out what's wrong) so we did not make it to the GP's....however, the act of carrying the cat in her carrier to my friend's car and into the vets and back, did cause my bladder to do the falling thing......and it did go back up....but the burning and pain from it I have not been able to get under control since.....

so yes this Wed for sure I"m going back to the doc's......whatever this is, it's much worse!!
Unread 04-07-2003, 12:31 PM

I wonder if your GP could fit you with a pessary to tide you over, or if that's beyond his realm. My mom, at 73, really doesn't want to go through a rectocele repair and she's doing great with the pessary. It seems to hold the bladder up, too.
Unread 04-07-2003, 12:34 PM

that's something I intend to ask about Denise.....embarassing as it sounds if it will help I'm in!!!! I wonder if it would help with the pain and burning as well as support?
Unread 04-07-2003, 04:56 PM

(((Gidge))),
Here is some info on pessaries & other treatments I thot might be of some help:

NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR PROLAPSE:

Quote:
Pelvic muscle exercises (PME)Also known as Kegel's exercises, they strengthen the support of the pelvic organs and are most commonly used to treat stress urinary incontinence. PME techniques are also useful in prolapse prevention. Once the symptoms of prolapse are severe, however, these exercises are of little benefit. PessaryA device worn in the vagina like a diaphragm. Pessaries are used to support the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus as necessary. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so a doctor or nurse must fit them. for a picture of the various pessaries that are available.
http://www.mybladdermd.com/pessaries.htm
http://www.dukeuroandgyncare.com/trea_vag.html
NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT OPTONS FOR URINARY INCONTINENCE:
  Quote:

Pelvic Muscle Exercises (PME)Also known as Kegel exercises, PME techniques are an effective treatment option for stress incontinence. Most women require guidance from a medical professional to learn how to contract the pelvic floor muscles correctly.
Biofeedback:
This term refers to a variety of techniques that teach patients bladder and pelvic muscle control by giving positive feedback when the patient performs the desired action. This feedback can be from an electronic device or directly from health professional. Bladder Training:
This treatment for urge incontinence involves teaching a patient to urinate according to a timetable rather than an urge to do so. Gradually, the scheduled time between trips to the bathroom is increased as the patient's bladder control improves. for a copy of the instruction sheet we use to help with bladder training. The Bladder DietThis is a list of dietary irritants to the bladder. Avoiding the items on this list can greatly improve such bladder symptoms as frequency and urgency. For a copy of the bladder diet.
Medications:
There are a number of drugs that are used in the treatment of urge incontinence. Recently two new ones (DetrolTM and Ditropan XLTM) have been heavily advertised to the general public. When using any of these medications, there is always a trade off between the side effects and the effectiveness of the medication. Finding the right drug and dose can be sort of a "trial and error" process.
Occlusive devices:
Several types of pessaries are available that are designed specifically for the treatment of stress incontinence. These are especially useful for women who leak urine during specific activities such as exercise. There is also a new device that fits in the urethra and acts like a plug. This device is called FemSoftTM.

Pelvic Floor Electrical Stimulation (PFES) - Vaginal or anal probes that deliver electrical current to the pelvic floor may be useful in the treatment of urge and mixed incontinence.

Extracorporeal Magnetic Innervation (ExMI) - This is a new, completely non-invasive approach to pelvic floor stimulation. The patient sits fully clothed in a special magnetic chair that stimulates the pelvic floor muscles.

http://www.mybladdermd.com/glossary.htm#nonsurgical
About Pessaries - Female Bladder Control & Daily Management:
http://www.mentorcorp.com/bladdercon..._pessaries.htm

Pessaries for Incontinence:

http://www.wmfurology.com/pessarie.htm

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/adult/edu/...tpessaries.pdf

http://www.ucsf.edu/wcc/print_pessaries.html

Hope this helps Good Luck at your GP's office Pls let us know how it goes....(((hugs)))
Unread 04-08-2003, 09:20 AM

Thanks Sheri

I do intend to ask about the pessary but know that it's not a permanent fix and I guess at 37 that's what I'm looking for......and I"ve been doing those darn kegels since the hyst.....this is something that just seems to happen anyways I guess

I'm going to check out the rest of these links now, thanks again!

PS the spasms and burning are still there today....along with that weird "sideways tampon" thing again when I sit......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register