Bladder cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder cancer Bladder cancer

Unread 04-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Bladder cancer

anyone ever been tested for this. KNow the symptoms? What should i know. Only thing doc said is lets check, now i have a one week wait AT LEAST! help. someone anyone please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Bladder cancer

Tishia,

I don't know much about bladder cancer, but here's a site that might be of help:

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CR...area=LRN&dt=44

Good luck!

Beth
Unread 04-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Cancer Chat--Leader Has Bladder Cancer

On ivillage.com on Saturday nights at 9 p.m. eastern and 8 p.m. central, there is a general cancer chat. The leader of the group has bladder cancer. You can get a lot of information from her. Others drop in there (another ovarian and I do often) but I think this is a good idea to check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 07:18 PM
bladder cancer

Hi Tishia,

My sister was diagnosed with bladder cancer in January of this year. In her case they were pretty sure she had bladder cancer just from her blood work. They did ultra sound and a kidney scan so they could see if there was any other organs involved.The urologist then did a scope and biopsy to see what kind of cancer and remove the growths. The scope was not painful, more embarrassing then anything, because your in stirrups with your hiney in the doctors face. ( i have had one myself)
My sisters was a very slow growing cancer. The growths were removed (burned off) through scope and after her surgery they put chemotherepy into her bladder for a short time then they removed it. (drained it out) She will need to go for periodic scopes but the prognoses is very good.
Let us know what is going on with you. If I have overlooked anything in my reply or you need to ask anything else about this don't hesitate to email me, I would be more then happy to answer or ask my sister any of your questions.
All the best
Unread 04-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Bladder cancer

Thanks so much guys!!!! This is really really scary to go through. I really need you guys so much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register