C-Section Scar | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

C-Section Scar C-Section Scar

Unread 04-04-2003, 07:43 AM
C-Section Scar

Okay, i have yet another question. Where will the incision be? Will the doctor do it where my 2 prior c-sections were or will their be a new incision site? I just didnt want to wait till next week to ask my doctor, and thought maybe someone would know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 07:48 AM
C-Section Scar

i too had 2 c-sections previous an my dr. did it on the same scar from the c-sections so i only have one big scar lol...........Good Luck to ya
Unread 04-04-2003, 07:52 AM
C-Section Scar

Yes, I believe they will use the same scar. This will be my 3rd surgery using that same scar, wish I would've had them put in a zipper!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Same here

I also had 2 c-sections and my DR used that scar for the incision.
Unread 04-04-2003, 09:36 AM
C-Section Scar

Dear Crystalechols:

If they use your old scar depends upon your surgery. I had to have a vertical incision from belly button down due to the possibility of cancer and very large fibroids. Dr. will know best, but make sure to ask, so you have no surprises! Take care.
Unread 04-04-2003, 10:09 AM
C-Section Scar

I have a vertical scar from bellybutton to............ from 2 previous C-sections and my doctor wants to do a bikini cut for my hyst. I was surprised that she would make a new incision but she said that's what she would prefer to do as its faster to heal........unless I want her to revise my old scar. I'm not sure if I want her to use the old one or not, if she makes a new incision, I'll have a big cross on my belly......beginning to feel like Frankenstein!!!!

Geoqueen
Unread 04-04-2003, 04:39 PM
C-Section Scar

Traci, I'm having an exellent giggle over your "zipper" comment.

I asked about this one today at my preop to make sure, but yes, my dr. IS going to use my "old" scar as the incision site. I had a myomectomy several years ago, and it is a bikini scar. It is a VERY low bikini scar...much lower than any bikini I own, and low enough to escape comment on a nude beach in Greece last summer. My appendix scar from 1969.....well, much different story!

Geoqueen, can relate to your "Frankenstein" comment, as I felt exactly the same last time. What with the shave job, and the staples, I told my DH I felt like a prepubescent version of Frankenstein's bride.

Cheers, Melissa
Unread 04-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Scar

My DR told me he was going to go through my c-section scar also. I asked him to make it into a "smiley."

Tara
Unread 04-04-2003, 05:34 PM
which way will the incision go

I've also had 3 c-sections doing the bikini cut which after 20 years you can't even notice, but my doctor will be doing the incision form belly button down, because of the size of the fibroid. I know the feeling of going to feel like frankenstien ( or a road map). but I guess what ever is the safest way is the best and eventually they all heal (just use alota of coca butter and vitiamin e its the best
good luck! my prayers will be with you
Unread 04-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone

Thanks for all of your answers, it was great to hear that so many have went through the exact same thing!!!\

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register