Well I have a date, but have to wait : ( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well I have a date, but have to wait : ( Well I have a date, but have to wait : (

Unread 04-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Well I have a date, but have to wait : (

Well I am heading back to the castle for a Lap to see if they can find out why I am in pain. Suspect Adhesions... The soonest I could get a date is for April 23rd. And in the afternoon to boot. I am having more bad days than good days now... Actually feel more tense this time then wihen I had hyst.... Because atleast when they were doing that, I knew what the outcome would be... Now with the lap, I wont know anything until he gets in there.... So I wait, think, and tense up. My dh has taken a turn... He is so compassionate and supportive. Reminding me that we will get through this, because it is a piece of cake compared to the period where I had my hyst and recovery along with my father passing. He isn't putting any added pressure on me for the lack of things I am able to do at home.... So that makes me feel somewhat better.... There is the possibility I can go earlier, but that is only if the hospital has cancellations and changes the schedule... But for now I wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 06:55 PM

Susie - so sorry you have to wait to find the reason for your pain and get it fixed.

I just had a lap for adhesions and wish I had seen this first - (I just posted the same thing to another lass on here!)

What Should I Ask My Doctor About Adhesions?

Because adhesions are quite common following surgery, and potentially can result in serious complications, it’s very important to discuss them prior to any abdominal or pelvic operation. Learn all you can about what your surgeon plans to do to to help prevent adhesions.
It may be helpful to be prepared with the following questions:

How likely is it that adhesions will form as a result of this procedure?

What will be done during the procedure to help prevent adhesions from forming?

Is the use of a barrier method of adhesion prevention right for me?

Are there symptoms of adhesions that I should watch for as I recover from surgery?

http://www.ethicon.com/womens_healt...t/talk_doc.html

good luck, Steph xxx
Unread 04-04-2003, 08:13 PM

((Steph))

As you know I too went back to the castle 6 wks ago for a look see lap, where my GYN found that adhesions. My pain increased drastically over the 3 wks I had to wait to get in. I'm sorry you are having to go through this, it seemed to be a lot more stressful this last time for me too. I think I just didn't want to do the whole OR and recovery thing again

Adhesions are not fun to deal with and looks like from what I have read, GYN type surgeries are high on the list as far as surgeries that they result from. Here is a site with lots of detailed information on them:

www.adhesions.com

Again, keep us posted.

Lots of s and ers,
lenee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 08:26 PM
Hi Steph

I too just had extensive adhesions removed. I understand how your nerves can get to you before surgery. I seemed to have more and more pain the closer the date got. What I did to help relieve it was to get a massage, continue with Yoga and deep breathing techniqes and used heat, ice and often needed pain pills to get through until the surgery date.

Now, here I am 3 weeks post, and I must say other than some lingering pain around the belly button (she had to do 4 layers of stitching because she needed a larger incision) my adhesion/surgical pain is gone!

I know it's hard to, but try and relax, do a "feel good" thing for yourself. I also did PT while waiting for surgery. Even though it probably didn't do a thing for the adhesions, it made me feel good to be worked on, rubbed on and the ultrasound was great.

Best wishes to you Steph....
Unread 04-04-2003, 10:21 PM

Lenee and Lori - its lovely that you are sending hugs to me but it is susie who needs them!!! I am "done" and susie is the one waiting LOL.

so on everyones behalf I am redirecting all s and good wishes to dear Susie

Lori - I did want to ask you as I know we had ours on the same day - do you have any pulling type feelings or pains - esp around ex ovaries? I want to think its healing but am worried its more adhesions. Did your surgeon use any barrier to prevent more forming?

Your idea for Susie to get "rubbed" and pampered while she waits is great

Lenee glad you put the right url for the adhesions site - my link was for the same site but I see it doesn't get you there LOL.

love
Steph
Unread 04-04-2003, 10:52 PM
(((((SUSIEQM)))))

Oh by Mosh!!! I'm so sorry those 's were misdirected!!!

I'm sending you big 's and extra special s this very moment!!

(((((Steph))))) Your questions to the were on target. I see mine again in about 5 weeks for a final check and will be asking a few more I didn't at the 2 week check....Thank you! BTW, have all your stitches dissolved? I still have a couple that are poking out...3 weeks later???? I do have some "healing" type feelings of discomfort, not really pain. Around the belly button is still quite tender but she did 4 layers of stitching there...she did use Intergel barrier this time....Keeping my fingers and toes crossed it did the trick this time!!!

(((((SusieQM)))))

If you can find something to help ease your tensions, even something as simple as taking a towel and misting it with some water and then warming it (not too hot) in the micro, roll it up tight and formed to the back of your neck. Place a pillow under your knees and do some relaxed breathing - using your thumb and ring finger inhale through one nostril and while holding the other closed with the opposite finger. Alternate each nostril by breathing - it takes a moment to get a rhythim.

Or, perhaps DH would do a little foot massage after a little warm foot soak??? It's very stressful waiting for surgery and to be in pain on top of it all.....it's not easy.

You'll get there...I'm sending positive thoughts your way....

(((((Hug's)))))
Lori
Unread 04-05-2003, 06:05 AM

Oh my goodness, Sorry 'bout that, guess that's what I get when I post on a Friday Nite past 10PM

I am also redirecting them, although ((Steph)) can keep some for herself if she'd like there are plenty to go around

((SusieQM))

Here are some more s coming to the right person I hope this time. I also used heat and pain meds before my surgery to relieve the pain. Please let your DR know if you think you need add'l help with pain relief.

lenee(did I spell that right )

BTW: another link is www.adhesions.org
Unread 04-05-2003, 09:22 AM

((((((((Susie)))))))))

I just popped in to look around and saw this... Im so sorry to hear things are going this way for you. Perhaps the stress of everything that happenned after your hyst did not help your recovery and this will take care if it all now. We know what I went through with my Mom right after my surgery and the toll it took on me and it was nothing near what you had to go through. You were not able to take care of yourself right the first time but that was out of your hands...This time, well, you know the drill! Miss ya!

Big 's to my Sister!
Jo
Unread 04-05-2003, 12:02 PM
OMG Jo!

I cant tell you how surprised I was to see PUNK posting. I tried emailing you awhile back... I miss you girl!!!! Your post meant alot to me! Your are right, I am sure my lack of time to recoup right the first time, led to this... I am going to do it right this time. I'm not even going to call the office while i'm off.... LOL. Send me an email so I can catch up with you... I hope things have improved in your life.... Dont be a stranger....

Sisters... Thanks for the excellent idea's on pain relief while I wait. I will have to try them.

Steph thanks for the questions, already on my list... But very helpful.

Keep the idea's and questions coming.... Love Ya...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register