4 months post op and pain getting worse. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months post op and pain getting worse. 4 months post op and pain getting worse.

Unread 04-04-2003, 07:17 PM
4 months post op and pain getting worse.

hi all, I'm 4 months post TAH for CIN1, heavy bleeding severe pain and chronic cervical infection. I had my 6 week check and that went fine and other than the depression I was feeling much better and my consultant said I was fine to resume my sex life with DBF. However within a couple of weeks I started getting alot of pain around my wound area but internally when I moved ( rest of my stomach is numb from the navel down) and some mild pain during sex, however over last couple of weeks this has got much worse I have pain around my wound most of the time and I have a consistant pain where my cervix used to be and down through my right buttock.I've also completely lost my ability to orgasm when we do attempt any kind of sex.I've seen my GP and is not due to any infection and was told to mention it to my consultant who I'm due to see in 2 weeks for a final pap smear. However I just wondered if anyone else had suffered any similar problems.

Love to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2003, 07:45 PM

((heart029))

I am sorry you are still experiencing pain at this point dear. s

You don't mention whether you kept your ovaries or not??? Just wondering what could be up with your hormones at this point?? Here is a link to the jungle for some info, you can check out some of the symptoms associated with hormone issues:

http://www.hormonejungle.com/toomuch.php

I'm not sure if you are able to consider hormones with your dx or not so here is a link to the desert also okay?

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...php?forumid=34

It did take my remaining ovary several months to recoup(the expression I read was it was in shock) I kinda of believe that looking back. I had really sore breast all the time, vaginal dryness, depression and very low desire for sex even though I wanted to be with my DH When I went back to my GYN at 6 mos due to all the issues, his dx was depression and gave me some Estrace for the dryness. Sometime between the 7-10 mo. post-op things started leveling out for me. He also stated that the pain I was having during sex could be scar tissue that was still sensitive and recommended vitamin E. Also, I will say this to all the ladies it took a whole lot longer for an orgasm in the beginning so if I got inpatient or frustrated I would not make it. Until I started with other issues my sex life was starting to make real progress.

Hopefully, in 2 wks when you go in, you can relate all your symptoms to your DR and they will be able to help you find some resolution especially with the pain issues. Lots of ladies here experience pain well after their hyst but for many different reasons that needed their DR's help discovering. Please take it easy and make sure you let your DR know everything that has developed especially over the last month or so. If you continue to feel worse and don't think you can make it 2 wks call and let them know what's up!

Big s to you,
lenee
Unread 04-05-2003, 04:22 PM

Hi and thanks for the info. I did keep both my ovaries as I'm only 29 and my DR was very concerned about the long term effects of HRT, he also seemed to think that by keeping my ovaries I would be able to control the swelling I get on my hands and feet, a problem that I had pre op however that again is much worse now I'm post op with somedays my hands and feet swelling to twice their normal size. Don't know if anyone else has found that ?
Have had a really bad day today with the pains though and almost passed out twice because of it. Can't get hold of my DR till monday though so DBF has insisted he's going to take me to see them on Monday morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2003, 01:30 PM

((heart029))

I am sorry I didn't get to post yesterday due to PC issues but I hope your DR's appt today goes well and you find out some resolution to what is going on.

Please keep us posted ok?

s,
lenee
Unread 04-09-2003, 08:31 AM

hi
Well I've now been back to see my Dr. and am feeling rather shell shocked. He had a look at my scar etc and says that its healed really well. He now thinks that my pain is hormone related. So to put it in his words as an experiment he's going to start me on a course of medication to stop my ovaries from functioning for a couple of months to see if that stops the pain. In the meantime I have to keep a diary recording any days that I get pain. If it shows that the medication has stopped the pain he then wants to remove my ovaries.

I have to be honest and say I really wasn't expecting this, I thought my Dr was going to say I had adhesions or I was still healing from the hyst.I really thought having the hyst would be the end to all my probs but doesn't seem to be the case.

take care all
Unread 04-09-2003, 07:46 PM
ditto dear

I totally understand the shellshock of this situation. I already have had a recent surgery since my hyst to remove adhesions and at post op I mentioned to the DR that I thought possibly some of the pain was returning. He hit me with the resolution of my last choice(his words) determine if ovary is causing pain by doing a test period with Lupron. Then back in for ovary if it is the cause was the option in his words.

I haven't decided yet to do anything cause I'm not sure which way I want to go with this. Was you DR talking about Lupron?? If so, maybe some of ladies here can give you some input on their experiences.

Please keep us posted and let us know what you decide, we are always here for you. I am so sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear, come vent anytime okay.

s,
lenee
Unread 04-12-2003, 04:43 AM

Hiya,
Well apparently here in the UK they don't prescripe Lupron, don't ask me why though but I have noticed that are quite a few differences within our healthcare systems over here after having read the posts on this site.
My Dr has put me on a drug called Synarel ( generic name is Nafarelin). My Dr didn't really explain a great deal about this medication,( his clinic was running an hour late and he had to go to another hospital) but have found a small amount of information out on a web site

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines...on.asp?id=2515

Am still none the wiser from reading this really, the list of side effects would suggest that it makes you menopausal however on the web site it says that this drug is used in the treatments of Endometriosis and Infertility. But to be honest am just so fed up and desperate now to get things resolved I'd try anything. Am due to get married in August this year and more than anything else I want to be pain free for this and our honeymoon and to be able to make love to then to be DH and enjoy it.

Thanks for the continued support
Unread 04-12-2003, 08:47 AM

I found some more info on the medicine Synarel, I don't know if it will be any more help or not. http://www.ebiocare.com/infocenter/c...b/synarel.html

Did you discuss with your DR the sexual problems you were having?? Wondering if he could recommend something locally that would help?? I don't know if you got a chance to check out any of the other forum but since you are meds that effect your estrogen you might want to visit the desert-See the above link on my first post(2nd link). These ladies are dealing with lots of issues that you might find as a problem etc.

I hope this works for you, please keep us posted. Congratulations on your wedding :

s,
lenee
Unread 04-15-2003, 05:41 PM

hiya,
sorry bout the delay in getting back to you, have had a really bad couple of days. Tried to get hold of the Synarel from our local pharmacy but they can't get stocks until tommorow but things got so bad pain wise over the weekend it made me pass out. To say it worried my family would be an understatement I have't done that since my last period before my TAH and everyone put it down to blood loss, so we really haven't got a clue whats going on there, so am now really counting on the Synarel sorting my problems as apart fromthe wedding I would also love to find another job as the company I worked for went into liquidation whilst I was off work on post op sick leave and I'm going mad sitting round the house all day lol.

Thankyou for the information about the meds it was really helpful, I'm also going to have a look on the desert see if I can pick up anything from the ladies on there.

thanks once again
luv to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register