climara wont stick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

climara wont stick climara wont stick

Unread 04-05-2003, 01:17 AM
climara wont stick

Hi all!!,

Just started hrt yesterday. I was so pleased to find out my symptoms were not all in my head. Anyway, I was started on the Climara patch. It seemed to go on well, lasted through workout and shower yesterday. Today, after my workout it fell right off!! No stick left to it at all. So I stuck on a new one??

Any hints or experiences with this??

Thanks,

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2003, 01:35 PM
climara wont stick

Hi Maureen! I'm glad you got to start your HRT... it is nice to know your symptoms aren't in your head, isn't it?

There have been a lot of threads around here about getting the patches to stick better. Most of the hints have involved making sure the skin is super clean and dry before putting on the patch. No lotions, not even moisturizing soaps or body washes. Swabbing the area with alcohol and letting it air dry before sticking on the patch can help. Also, it helps if you press the patch on your skin with your hand for ten seconds or so when you first put it on.

If you try all the suggestions and still can't get the patch to stick, you might want to ask your DR about trying the Vivelle dot patch. It is changed twice a week instead of once, so it only has to stick half as long, and most of us have had great success with keeping it stuck.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-05-2003, 03:25 PM
climara wont stick

Maureen,
Here's a thead with some tips for keeping the patch stuck https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...?threadid=3323 If the hints don't work you may want to talk with your doc about trying a different patch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2003, 08:27 PM
climara wont stick

I use the Climara patch, for about six weeks now. I had a little trouble a first with it staying on. Try not to touch the sticky side.
Put it on a clean dry area. Do not put soap or body washes directly on the spot.

I found that taking off one side at a time putting near the spot you want to stick it press down and remove the other side.

If it does come off take a blowdryer and hold it near the patch for a few seconds put it on the spot you want it put blowdryer back on it for a sec or 2 press dow for 10 sec and it will sitck again. You may have to do this on day 5 also.

Put the patch below the panty line in front near belly button or on middle of butt cheeks stick very well. Also turning it vertical it stay on better. If you put it in an area where you clothes go on and off that my lossen the patch. Good luck

Jocelin
Unread 04-05-2003, 11:48 PM
thanks

Thank you ((((sisters))),

For the tips. This second patch, which i very carefully applied and held on for 15 seconds is staying on well. On butt cheek!! Will keep you informed...

Maureen
Unread 04-12-2003, 07:49 AM
climara wont stick

Hi Maureen,

I've been using the Climara patches from Berlex Labs for about 1 & 1/2 years now, and did have some problems with the patch staying on. I reported this to my doctor, and she had me write to the manufacturer who sent me a letter and authorized the pharmacy to issue me some extra patches at no cost. It is very humid where I live - so they told me to be extra careful about how to apply the patch. I was putting it on after a shower and my skin was probably not completely dry. You probably already know that you can't pick a spot with any hair, and you have to kind of press the patch in place for a few seconds until it is secure. Also be careful not to put it where underwear might rub against it. Remember not to put the patch anywhere near body lotion, etc. Even with these precautions, they sometimes lose their grip and are expensive, so don't be shy about reporting problems. I once got a batch that seemed to already be stuck to the inside of the pouch & I had to kind of wrestle them out - these didn't stick very well & were also replaced.
Hope this helps you,

Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register