Symbol of hope for all of us? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Symbol of hope for all of us? Symbol of hope for all of us?

Unread 04-05-2003, 07:28 AM
Symbol of hope for all of us?

I have noticed that there are lots of symbols around for different things - breast cancer has the pink ribbon, and now heart disease for women is designating a red dress (it is a pin) as their symbol - is there a symbol for us? Gynelogical (I can't even spell it) symbol? Other than our symbol here at hystersisters? Don't you think it would be great to have one also? Everywhere I go now (in these new circles that I am traveling) I see lots of support for these other types of cancers...but not us. Any other thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2003, 08:24 AM

the only other pin i know of it the teal blue ribbon pin for ovarian cancer.
There really should be one for all gynocological cancers as well.

Rosalie
Unread 04-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Lavender for GYN Cancer in General

There's a great site that has pins, bracelets, and other things for cancer survivors/fighters. It says lavender is the general GYN cancer color. www.womanmatters.com

I "expanded" a bit and my teal ribbon tattoo is now two teal ribbons and OVCA on either side.

Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2003, 12:28 PM

Ellen...

You must have been a real rebel in your time because you certainly still have lots of guts and spunk!!!

Just curious...Did or do you also own a motorcycle????? lol

Rosalie
Unread 04-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Rosalie--You're Wrong on Me...Really!

I never was a rebel at all--I mean if the teacher said "line up" I was first in line at attention--never did do anything rebellious. If it's the norm and conventional, that's me. People keep telling me I now need a motorcycle and black leather jacket...Well...there is a contest at a nearby mall for a nice little Vespa...I can see using that. My tattoo is the only rebellious thing--and everyone has been positive about it. Maybe cancer has changed me?
Unread 04-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Tattoo's

You know, I wanted to get tattoo's of everything that got taken out. Uterus, ovaries, cervix, vagina....where everything used to be. But then I figured, by the time I'm done, I'm going to look like an "Operation" game.
In order to have sex, hubby is going to want to know where the tweesers are. Then he is going to get worried when my nose lights up. I'm thinking that is going to break the mood.
I agree they need one color for gyn cancers, not to take anything away from the ovarian, you girls are the strongest ones out there. But I have vaginal, I will so end up with a really stupid color that so won't match anything.
Ellen, rock on, you teacher's pet!
Unread 04-05-2003, 05:30 PM
you guys are great!

I laughed so hard at the "operation" game scenario!!! That was too funny. I like lavender - and teal. I love all you guys - you are so great!!! I think we need one symbol - maybe a purple motorcycle!!! gucu
Unread 04-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Gucu, sweetheart, let me tell you about..

Sorry, Can't do motorcycles. Broke both of my knees that way. I guess I was a little bit more of a rebel than Ellen. I did date a guy with a lavender bike........Harley Sportster, 71 model, if I remember. He said it was purple, but it was lavender. Always wondered what happened to him......If he found a nice boyfriend or what? You loose touch after so many years.
Note: Did not break knees on that bike, it was a Yamaha a few years later. How embarressing. Think that is where I got the bike phobia, it wasn't even a cool bike.
Unread 04-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Norm and conventional, except ....

That was me too -- norm and conventional and safe, nothing daring -- except when it came to the red bikes (rice burners -- a Suzuki and a Kawasaki) and Roy. The guy has years and thousands and thousands of miles on a bike under him and has never had even a semi-serious accident -- not a single broken bone. He knew how to handle the bikes and took no chances. Always felt totally safe with him -- even when I saw spedometer at 110 mph when we were passing a German couple here in U.S. (Couple probably thought they were on autobahn back home.) Those were very good days -- but both Roy and the bikes are gone. Friends said they couldn't picture me on a motorcycle. Surprise!

Mary D.
Unread 04-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks to everyone...still searching though

thanks for all the replies. Maybe we can come up with something. I think that would be neat. Have a good week! gucu

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register