Post-Op 3 yrs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-Op 3 yrs Post-Op 3 yrs

Unread 04-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Post-Op 3 yrs

Hi, I am new to this site and I love it! I hope someone can help..I had a complete hysterectomy in 2000, because of Endo, adeno and a myriad of adhesions. I had 1 year of complete bliss, no pain no complaints then it ended....started back with pain just as if I was mestruating severe cramping back pain ect...went to Er finally one day after passing out and the er doc. informed me that I had two very large ovarian cysts! I think I must have turned green at that comment, knowing I have not had them in almost 3 years.....At any rate I have two large tumors (something like that) where my ovaries once were. Will have some more testing in the next few weeks. Has anyone else run into this same deal? Getting frustrated with all of this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Post-Op 3 yrs

Hi Lisa,

I haven't had your problem - at least not yet! I had my ovaries removed about two years ago. There are so many things this could be. Since I've been here I've read of women having ovarian remnants, adhesions that appeared where the ovaries were, and even ovaries that were still there when they thought they weren't. I'm always less concerned when things are happening on both sides of me at the same time, although my apparently thought I had cancer on both sides when she operated. (Didn't.)

I can imagine how shocked and concerned you must be. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon. Hopefully some simple answer that doesn't take anything huge to fix.

Joselle
Unread 04-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Post-Op 3 yrs

((((Lisa))))) I can only start to imagine how shocked you were when you heard your doctor's announcement I haven't delt with the issues you're dealing with, but I know that others have had similar problems and I'm sure they'll come along real soon. Just wanted to welcome you to Hyster Sisters and to send a few s your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Post-Op 3 yrs

Hi, just an update finally saw my gyn today and don't feel any better about the issue! He is not sure what it is he is looking at but said probably not cancer!! I will have a trans-vaginal ultrasound for some pain mapping, and then discuss my options. Has anyone had surgery for adhesion removal, and/or cleaning out of an empty abdomen? It sounds silly but the DR thinks that adhesions have overrun my pelvic region and stuck everyting together. To top that all off I will have a colonoscopy next friday. EEEKKK I have had it up to my eyebrows! All while my DH is in the Middle East.....
Thanks to all I really enjoy reading all the wonderful info.
Unread 04-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Post-Op 3 yrs

{{{Lisa}}}
I'm sorry that you are having to go thru this after all this time. I do know how it is to be in pain this far along post op. Next month I will be 4 years post hyst and still struggle daily with pain and numerous other issues.

Good luck with the ultrasound, I hope it will shed some light on your pain and the doc will have a solution for you.

P.S. This site has lots of good info on adhesions www.adhesion.org Additionally our Resources forum has more information and a list of other sites with adhesion info https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=84785
Unread 04-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Sorry you are having so much trouble...

I don't have any experience with recurring cysts on non existant ovaries, but I do have the recurring pelvic pain 11 months post op. I too am having a colonoscopy next week (Tuesday to be exact!!) It does not sound fun, but my MD wants to rule out GI problems as a source of my pain.

Hoping it won't be as bad as we think!!!

's

pamela
Unread 04-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Post-Op 3 yrs

Hi ladies I just wanted to stop by and give you some s... the worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep, and if you ask your gastro they may give you some options there. As far as the actual procedure goes, assuming you are well sedated (ask for my best buddy, Versed), you will not know or care about it and then suddenly you will be all finished and sitting in a chair! It's the only med I have ever taken that I would really call a 'wonder drug'. Works quickly, wears off quickly, no aftereffects... please don't worry about the colonoscopy. It will either give your DRs good information or at least allow them to rule out some things... either way it's a good thing.

Do let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-15-2003, 03:29 AM
Post-Op 3 yrs

I just wanted to pop in as one of those sisters who have had cysts come back after nothing is left.

I have had what is called Ovarian Remnant Syndrome and once you have the ultra-sound and they figure out what may be going on, feel free to post here or e-mail me and I'll be happy to help where I can sweetie...

I know the myraid of feelings your going thru thinking "I have nothing left!! how can this be happening to me?" it's quite a scarey and overwhelming feeling.

ton's of

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register