vaginal odor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-06-2003, 11:26 PM
vaginal odor

I had an appointment scheduled on the 25th for my first follow up pap since my hyst. I called the doctor last week because I thought I should be seen sooner because I seem to have developed a vaginal odor again. It is like the same one I had when they discovered cervical cancer. I am going in tomorrow, the 7th at noon. Hoping it is just bacterial vaginitis, which I read a little about on the boards here. The nurse isn't sure if they can do my pap at that time or not, but she "accidently" canceled my appointment on the 25th, not realizing what it was for. My other fear is "holding it together" in a room full of pregnant woman, which no doubt will be there. The last time, at my 6 week appt., I cried all the way home. I finally started seeing a therapist, first visit was Friday. She feels I am grieving for what I can no longer have. No kidding.
If anyone had any experience with any of these I would love to hear from you.
Hugs to all the Princesses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2003, 05:51 AM
vaginal odor

's Peaches!

I had a horrible problem with bacterial vaginosis after my TAH. It seemed like every time I turned around I had another case of it. I haven't had any during this past year, though.

Yes, I know what you mean about sitting in the waiting room. Even though I'd had more children than most women, I still wasn't sure my family was complete, and every time I went someplace after my TAH be it the mall (big mistake), the GYN's, church, wherever there were pregnant women--I'd end up leaving in tears. It was particularly difficult for the first 6 months, but by one year I was doing fairly well. Now, 2 years post, I still feel some sadness when I see someone pregnant, but I am also able to feel happiness for the woman. I'm sure the counseling will be helpful for you. You might also like to check out our Aching Hearts forum where women discuss these kinds of issues fairly commonly.

Unread 04-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Oh Peaches...

I hope it's just bacterial vaginitis and they can treat it. As for the other, the waiting in the GYN office, I understand that. I didn't think it would bother me--I mean I was well past menopause, 57, and had never had cihldren (or wanted to--I felt I'd never make a good mother) and then all those pregnant women--I felt so empty and strange. The feeling will slowly go away although come back at times (a woman I used to work with is pregnant and just had a shower)l. Sending you a cyber right now. Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2003, 02:21 PM
vaginal odor

I went a few times to my regular gyn following my hyster and cried as well. I now only go to the gyn oncologist. I recently had burning in my vagina. It was the same kind that I had before my hysteretomy. I went to my regular gyn who gave me a cream which caused it to burn more. I then went to the gyn oncologist who looked undera microscope and told me that I had lesions that were non-cancerous. He knew that cream would only make it burn more. That was my last visit to my regular gyn.

If possible, I would be doing follow-ups with the oncologist. They are the experts in the field and you then don't have to sit in the gyn's office mourning.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register