Funny comment not so funny...lol | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny comment not so funny...lol Funny comment not so funny...lol

Unread 04-07-2003, 04:21 AM
Funny comment not so funny...lol

Hi there

Just me....Popping in.

Thought this was a funny comment till I got to thinking about it over the weekend....

" What the Heck is wrong with you today????? Are you starting your period or what????? "

My period??? HA now that was funny...However...after that comment was made and S/O and I started talking about it, It sure seemed like I was PMS'ing!!!!! Now I'm worried again..I have had for the past week symptoms of to much estrogen, Pms like symptoms, bloating, breaking out, and irritabiltiy. Just like when I had my periods. Reading to much into this???? golly I hope so.

I still have no word on my ultra- sound or my bone test...I'm going this afternoon to have them pull my chart and tell me what the tests say. I can't get them over the phone and noone returns my messages. (it's a multi-practice and they are WAY over booked lately). I'm hoping I get somewhere today and find something out.

Has anyone else that has NOTHING left still have pms like symptoms???? I'm hoping so... it would let me know I'm kinda normal here...

Thanks for the ear (eyes??) and the vent!!!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2003, 11:52 AM

(((((Dawn)))))) Sweetie, I'm so sorry you're still having problems. I was sooooo hoping that that last surgery of yours would set you off on that off-ramp

I can't offer much insight where the PMS-like feelings are concerned, since I kept my ovaries... hopefully, someone else has had those same feeling One thought that occurred to me: could the wrong HRT dosage cause PMS-like symptoms? Could it be as simple as changing your HRT?

Sending tons and tons s and hoping that this is all behind you real soon. Let us know what they said about the tests, when you have a chance.

Unread 04-08-2003, 06:48 AM

Dawn,
I did have PMS like symptoms for quite awhile post op. I thought for sure I was just crazy! I would get headaches, moody, cramps, etc. There is a logical (if anything in the jungle can be logical ) explanation in an older thread around here. I'll see if I can find it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 07:14 AM

Dawn,
Here's a thread with a sort of explanation for PMS like symptoms following a hyst and/or removal of the ovaries. Read Trish's reply:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=16604

It may be worthwhile to document this and see if it happens again next month at the same time.
Unread 04-08-2003, 07:34 AM

Dawn,
I went to my doctor a few months ago complaining of PMS symptoms (cranky, nxious, bloated, breasts felt like balloons). She switched me from the Premarin.625 to V dot .05. That helped a little. Then I added otc progesterone and that helped a lot. I'm not sure but I think normal PMS symptoms are often caused by an imbalance - too little progesterone, so it makes sense that it helped me. Good luck and s.
Leslie
Unread 04-08-2003, 09:21 AM

I'm 4 months post-op(everything gone)and I still get PMS
symptoms--not near as bad--but they were horrible before.

I just figured its from ERT(I"m taking Cenestin 1.25)

Dana
Unread 04-08-2003, 04:09 PM

Thanks ((((((Kim))))))) for the link!!!!

I really was begining to think I was a tad fruity on this one and it sure does feel wierd to say the least!!

Thanks Leslie and Dana!!! It does help to see you Dana at the 4 month post op mark going thru this...Leslie....has this let up for you now that you have changed HRT? I can't use the progesterone cream...it just doesn't agree with my body, so I won't go there again.

Thanks again girls...

Dawn
Unread 04-09-2003, 08:02 AM

Dawn,
There's no question (at least in my mind) that the PMS symptoms have let up with the progesterone and V dot. Hopefully, it will stay that way. Good Luck!
Leslie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register