new bra size | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-07-2003, 07:58 AM
new bra size

Just a year post TAH and I went for a fitting for a bra yesterday. I've been falling out of my old ones. Guess what I 've gone from a 34B before my op and now am a 36D. Now I know that might not sound like much to you bigger ladies, but I am thrilled.
No periods, new boobs, white trousers !! Life is great here beyond the land of hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 07:57 AM
new bra size

Me Too!!!

I've only grown into a 36C so far and my DH and I are thrilled! What a great side affect, huh? I was previously a very slight 34B.

My belly is still a bit swollen so I'm not too thrilled about bathing suit season. But, who knows, maybe the new boobs will divert attention up and away from my belly!

Seriously, I feel very fortunate to have had successful results from my surgery and am extremely relieved they found no cancer. (Plenty of family history.) That alone is worth rejoicing.
Unread 04-08-2003, 10:09 AM
new bra size

WOW, I want mine to shrink!!!

I have always been big chested, 38DD and the only thing that grew after my hyst was my

I am glad that you got something worthwhile after your hyst. Nice to hear a GOOD story!!!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Nooooo!

Please tell me this won't happen! I already have enough trouble finding shirts that don't gap!!!

By the way...have you noticed that "full figure" bras never go on sale...I guess the underwear clothing companies know that we will pay whatever price they ask...since we have no choice.

Okay...I am done complaining...sorry.

mss
Unread 04-08-2003, 10:31 AM
new bra size

mss.

Dont worry, it did not happen to me, thank god, I can already tuck mine in my pants!! Heck, they may even make it to my socks,,

As far as bras go, I know the feeling. I also have a 14 year old daughter that is in the same size I am. She asked for them, she got em!!!!!!!!!!

Pam
Unread 04-09-2003, 10:50 PM
LOL! LOL! LOL!

I just had to reply to this thread! While I know this site is not used to discuss our breast size(s), but here goes!

Since I turned 17, I was big chested (42DD). Having kids never made them get bigger; they never shrunk. They stayed the same size...starting heading south over the years (my gosh, I'm only 29). I FINALLY had enough of the sagging boobies, grooves in my shoulders, constant back aches/shooting pains, neck pain, rashes, etc..list goes on and on. Went to GP and told him I had enough and wanted a reduction. To my surprise, my Insurance company covered my Reduction Mammoplasty 100 %. June 2001 I went into the OR big chested; woke in recovery room as a 36C! I have NEVER felt better! At 5'4", the big ta-tas were horrible..not to mention all the looks I got (I HATED that with a passion).

NOW...... if I could only get my insurance company to pay 100 % for a Tummy Tuck (I so desperately need and want one).

*SIGH*

Amy
Unread 04-10-2003, 07:40 AM
new bra size

AMEN Amy!!

I would love to have mine reduced. I am a 38DD or 40DD, depending on the bra, which I am sure you can relate to are very hard to find!!

SInce I have been bedridden, I hardley ever wear a bra anymore, I wonder if that is the cause of my shoulder and back pain? I am NOT by any means a small person, 5ft 6in and weigh ALOT si I know I can carry them, BUT I would love a set of smaller ones.

I am so glad your reduction went well, I have a friend that was a 40DD and was only 5ft 4in and had hers reduced to a C and she is still having drainage and infections under one of her breasts after almost a year.

She IS glad to have had it done though...

As for the tummy tuck, I could only dream!!

My DH is a boob man and sometimes jokes and says they are too small!! Let him try to lug these puppies around for a week and he will never say it again!!
Unread 04-10-2003, 09:34 AM
new bra size

Well ladies, at least our will hold them up for now

Mine do seem to be a little larger, didn't need that at all 38D. Oh well DH is always happy!!!!

Here is a funny.....My oldest daughter looks like me, but has her fathers chest, and my youngest looks like her dad and has my chest. Oldest never thought that it was funny, wants implants.
Unread 04-10-2003, 09:38 AM
new bra size

Had to add this, My 14 yr old DD used to always ask me when she would get her chest and always wanted BIG ones...

Well, she has now almost outgrown me (she is a 38DD and still growing) and wants them to stop growing. I guess she wont be asking for it anymore.....
Unread 04-10-2003, 09:41 AM
new bra size

Pam,

yeah..if men had to lug big boobies around, I bet ya they would think twice before they were to make comments, etc.

The first person I had to see after my GP was a Physical Therapist..strange I know. PT had to make sure my discomfort, pain and problems weren't caused by bad posture. The PT doc had the nerve to tell me I was causing all the problems by slouching when I sit and not standing straight up when walking. I looked at him and told him to strap a couple bags of sugar around his neck (lying them on his chest) for years on end and see how hot he feels over time. I then went on to see the plastic surgeon. As soon as he saw my breasts, the rashes, etc he said 'you really need this procedure, no doubt about it'. He submitted his info and pics to my insurance company. Me, being of little faith in insurance companies thought for sure they would deny the procedure; saying it wasn't medically necessary. Well.. to my total surprise I got a letter about a week later from plastic surgeons office telling me my insurance company approved the procedure and to call and schedule my pre-op and surgery date! I was so excited but yet very nervous at the same time.

From the time I got the letter from PS's office, to the day of surgery was only 2 weeks. Doc removed 3 lbs off my chest and lifted breasts up so they are sitting where they belong (have a chest of a perky teenager now)

I don't regret having this done at all! Now.. on to try like the dickens to win the lottery so I can afford a tummy tuck.

Amy

P.S. My oldest DD who is 10 asks me often when she will get boobies. I told her she will get em in due time; not to rush it. I remember asking my mom when I would get breasts.. she told me the same thing. When I started to develop, I was so excited. I couldn't wait for them to grow! Gosh.. someone should of had slapped me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register