Not Sleeping | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Not Sleeping

Hello ladies. Less than 24 hours & I'm off to the castle!!!

Is it normal to not be able to sleep the last few nights before surgery. The last two nights have been horrible for me & I was already exhausted....now it's worse. I know alot of it is worrying about things that are really kinda dumb....like how horribly bad I'm gonna hurt after it's done. How do I know? I've never done this before. But I'm an extremely big baby when it comes to pain so that's what worries me more than anything.

While I'm here, I'm scheduled for a LAVH. I've had 2 children & have had laparascopic surgery. So does that mean my pain &/or discomfort is gonna be a combination of the two? Or will it be completely different?

I've got so many things to do & here I sit. My stomach is in a real uproar. And it doesn't help matters any that I've been running a low grade fever since Sun. night & I'm worried that they'll cancel my surgery because of it.

OK, enough. Maybe if I quit whining & get up & do something, I'll be less nervous.

Thank you all so much for being here. I don't know what I would've done without you hystersisters. You're a God-send.

God bless you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Lisa

Everyone's pain is different, but on 4/3 I had a TAH. There was much scar tissue to remove so lots of cutting. Actually I felt uncomfortable (not in real pain) on Friday after surgery, came home on Saturday, and had freinds over on Sunday. I'm up and down out of bed by myself and haven't taken any pain meds since Sunday. I've wanted to today since my smoke alarm battery is going out and is cherping. I am sore and don't want to do much, so when I feel like it I take a walk. You'll be fine. I think part of my recovery is relaxing before surgery. You're not being a baby, just take it easy and know that you won't feel bad forever. Good luck, I know you'll do fine
Pam
Unread 04-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Not Sleeping

Hi littlelee,

I know it's hard to believe other people until you actually go through it, but please try to believe me when I say that this waiting truly is the hardest part. I knew I would have trouble sleeping the few nights before, so asked my doctor if I could take Tylenol PM (it has a sleep aid in it). He approved and that helped me alot. Why don't you call your DR office and see ifyou could take it tonight.

I've had one child and one miscarriage (ended up with a D&C). For me, the pain from this surgery (LAVH) was about 1% of the pain I had when I gave birth. But, remember, this does vary by each person. There was a very short time immediately after the surgery (at most 30 minutes) that I was in a fair amount of pain, but they got that morphine drip going, and I've had no pain since. I only took the prescribed painkillers at home for 1 day, but then stopped because they were giving me some crazy hallucinations! Since day 2 postop I've only taken motrin. And please, don't think I'm one of these super ladies who are extremely pain tolerant! I'm NOT-- I'm a BIG BABY when it comes to pain!

It's very natural, I think, to be nervous about the surgery. I mean who wouldn't be! But please try and remember that this is the hardest part!! Take it easy and try and do somethings to take your mind off of it. Best of luck to you, and here's a great big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Not Sleeping

My surgery is the same day as yours and I haven't been sleeping either. Just try to relax and rest when you can. Soon it will all be over. I worked half a day today and came home early to catch a nap and relax before the teenagers get home from school. The worst thing about today is that aunt flo showed up this morning. I guess it wanted me to remember why I am having this surgery to begin with. So much pain, cramps and more.

Take it easy it will be over soon!

Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register