More than a Cone Biopsy needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More than a Cone Biopsy needed More than a Cone Biopsy needed

Unread 04-08-2003, 11:02 PM
More than a Cone Biopsy needed

My cone biopsy results are in and I need the TVH ( I think I'm using this acronym correctly, a list of common acronyms could be useful here). I have not gone for my postop appt, it is scheduled for Monday. They "only" found adenocarcenoma in situ, nothing more, however, it is "way up in there".

I will feel more at ease I think, once the uterus and cervix are removed. I am not sure when/how to feel this is the end...of the cancer. I am not so concerened about the operation as I am about when will I feel assured I am cancer free, the truth...NEVER. However, I hope I will not be so concentrated on it after the TVH.

Post Op bleeding...
3 days post op I had two hours of severe cramping then my period started, it was heavier than usual and longer. I rested more than usual, however, I walked briefly(1mi) one morning(4days postop), tried to live my normal life...the next day I slept most of the day. I overdid it (even though I still felt "great") 7days post op by playing tennis (with 9yo kids, so it was not as strenuous as adult tennis)... and started hemorraging a few hours later. Next day DR recommended the ER to carterize what he thought was a bleeding vein. There was not a bleeding vein to carterize nor a torn stitch. So, the conclusion was that I exasperated my period from overexertion. The bleeding slowed on it's own, on the way home...5.5 hours later! Sorry, I am not a great speller!

It's hard to stay down, when I feel good. Well I am tired and get dizzy/light headed, however I have no pain or cramping. I expected moodiness, cramping and pain, nothing came. It is however, important to take it easy...just hard. I am thankful to have this reminder. Much better now than after the TVH. It's lat e and I think I'm blabbing. I am impressed with how many of you correspond to all the hystersisters. I am trying to fit that in more. Hopefully I can be of some support or help to some.

Thank you all for all of your support, I'll come back tomorrow when I'm more comprehensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2003, 10:26 AM

(( Mary ))

I'm sorry you had problems after the Cone and ended up in the ER. I agree you'll not be worried about the cancer as much after the hyst but will continue to worry a bit. I remember well how anxious I got when it came time for my pap. I'd start tensing up a couple of weeks before and continue until I got the results. Now....at 2 yrs post-op...I still worry, but nowhere near as much.

I hope you're feeling better today.

Unread 04-09-2003, 08:55 PM

Hi Mary!

Sorry to hear about your cone biopsy experience, that is truly awful! Forgive me if you mentioned this, but are you seeing a gyn/oncologist? If not, I would definitely recommend going to one. They are specially trained to deal with these types of cancer, and it will help set you mind at ease. Also, although your cancer does not appear to be invasive, the docs should check your lymph nodes to make sure the cancer hasn't spread anywhere. After the hyst and with clean lymph nodes you can have great confidence that you won't have a recurrence. Good luck to you!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2003, 04:45 AM
Cone

Mary

I can sympathize with being scared I have a Conization of the Cervix, a D&C and a Hysteroscopy scheduled in 4 days. I have already had 2 abnormal paps, 4 biobsies and a D&C. *Waiting for the biopsy results has been the worst so far (that and the bleeding for 48 out of the last 60 days). The Dr. says my Carcinoma In Situ is a lot worse than he at first expected
The Dr. says if it is more invasive than the cervix then I will have no choice but to have a hysterectomy. I would rather have the hyst done now than "wait and see" if it spreads.

I am absolutely petrified of surgery and also the days after surgery and what to expect. One thing is for sure this is the most inspiring web site that I could have been led to and I'm glad I found it before my surgery. Everyone's stories have been a blessing and helpful in what to really expect.

I hope you feel better soon and I hope the TVH will be an end to your ordeal.
Unread 04-13-2003, 09:38 PM
cone, D&C, hysteroscopy...

Hi KDavis,

Good luck with your sugeries on the 15th. I hope all goes well and you recover without pain and quickly. I have not encountered pain, only tiredness. I am not able to do as much. It's 2 weeks post op and I still do not have all of my energy. If I treat a day as "normal" the next day I sleep a lot. I am still bleeding.

When the Dr. says the CIS is worse than he thought, do you know what he means?

I agree, in hind sight, I would have preferred one surgery (the TVH) instead of two. However, if the cone biopsy would have been enough, I would have been pleased to the limited surgery.

I go to the post op (cone) appt. tomorrow and will schedule the TVH.

Warm wishes for you on your day KDavis,
Unread 04-14-2003, 05:59 AM

(((Mary)))

Good luck at your appointment on Monday! I'm so sorry that you have not bounced back from your cone. Please let us know when you schedule your surgery.

(((KDavis)))

You're right--waiting on those biopsy results is the worst. I am always sitting on the edge of my seat until they come in. I typically felt well enough to return to work after a couple of days (from a cone/D&C), but I still felt kind of puny for about 2 weeks. I hope your procedures go well, though, and that everything is found to be contained. Let us know how things go!

's to both of you!
Unread 04-15-2003, 07:55 PM
TAH

Hi,

My Gyn/Onc mentioned that he'd do a TAH, not a TVH. Said my uterus was really high, which shows good muscles? I will get a bikini line incision. TAH scheduled for May 22, 2003.

On the lighter side...I have a new invention - I think the speculum (I think that's it) which holds the vagina open for surgery should hang from an arm/crane like to lessen or omit the pressure felt on the anterior part of vagina and body parts? Does anyone know where to submit gyn invention ideas, or does anyone agree this is an unneeded discomfort?
Unread 04-15-2003, 08:40 PM

I hate the speculum! I agree that it should not put downward pressure on us--that hurts! My doc has gotten pretty good and rarely lets go of the speculum once it's in. At the very least you would think they could have an attachment on the table (like the stirrups) that takes the weight of the speculum. How hard could it be to design something like that?

Glad to see you have your surgery scheduled! It's always nice just to know you have a definite plan for the future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register