I am about ready to RIP someone a new one!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am about ready to RIP someone a new one!!!!!!! I am about ready to RIP someone a new one!!!!!!!

Unread 04-09-2003, 07:29 AM
I am about ready to RIP someone a new one!!!!!!!

Morning sisters!!! I would say good morning but it is FAR from good!!!

Yesterday my PCM called me back (finally) it only took 2 weeks!!

Anyway, as most of you know I had been trying to get ahold of her to go over my test results and tell her about my occasional breathlessness. She never got my first message and JUST yesterday got my second one. She told me my tests looked OK, except my gallbladder may need to come out and she wants me to get a PFT (pulmonary function test). BUT she needed to see me before she could schedule the tests and it needed to be addressed soon.

Well, I HAD an appt this Friday to see her as well as my pre-op appt and go back to the Gyn for my ultrasound results. She told me that all of her Friday appts were being cancelled and rebooked because she was being sent to a mandatory weekend seminar and she was very angry that they had not called me to reschedule my appt yet.

I just called a few minutes ago to see why they had not called me and to reschedule the appt myself, since obviously they were not going to call me!! The receptionist told me that I did not have an appt with the Dr Friday and then looked at my cancellation report and they had ALREADY cancelled my appt!! I asked her WHY they did not call me to reschedule yet and she had NO answer. Of couse she didn't, that would mean they did something wrong!! I could just *punch* someone right now!!! NOW I have to wait until next Wednesday to see her. After waiting 3 weeks, what is one more?

The only bright side to this is that I still am seeing my Gyn Friday and will have him order the tests, I will have my PCM take my test results to my Gyn so at least he can see them as he requested before my surgery. Hold on, I am calling the clinic again right now.. I may have to rip someone through the phone, as usual I am being passed from person to person right now and Still holding!! Still holding, holding, holding.......................

OK, I am calling the Patient advocate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My PCM is not in today and they will not even go in her office to look for my test results!! She said she would have no idea where they were at. The envelope they are in is HUGE and probably the only thing in her office from a different hospital, and it has my name on it BIG BOLD BLACK writing!! How lazy can one person be????????? I also asked her why I never received a call to reschedule and she told me they call as soon as they know the Dr is going to be out. I told her I NEVER got a call. She had the nerve to tell me she was sure they called and probably were not able to get ahold of me. OK, I have not left my house in over a week and I have an ANSWERING MACHINE and call waiting!!!

I also just called the Gyn clinic to see if they can go down there and get them and she is going right now. Hopefully she will be successful. Someone WILL hear some not so nice words from me!!!!!!!!!! I HATE liars!!!!!

Well, I have done my venting for the morning!! I feel much better getting that off of my chest!!

Thanks for listening!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2003, 07:40 AM
(((((((((((Pam)))))))))))

I'm glad you feel better for venting.....your situation seems very frustrating...it's not a pleasant experience to wait, wait and wait some more AND be in pain.

I hope the rest of your day is a little better. Your sisters are always here for you

Lori
Unread 04-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Don't you wish you could change places?

Pam,
I feel for you in dealing with the wonderful staff at your doctor's. It has been my experience that the better the doctor, the worse the staff, so I would say your doctor is near perfect! Seriouly, it is hard to be on the receiving end of all the BS and I am sure you, like me, would love to have these helpful souls change places with you for just 24 hours. It would make such a difference.

I have been very depressed as well. I thought that based on the way I was feeling after my surgery, I would be well on the road to recovery, by now. Not to be, unfortunately. It makes me angry that I am in this positon and have nothing to do but wait and try and be patient.

My friends, both here and in the flesh have helped make things better and one friend sent me what amounted to a stand-up comedy routine, just to keep my mind off my troubles.

Remember, that we have all gone down this road wearing different shoes. We will make it to the other side, but some will have some blisters along the way. ( I figure, I have been wearing 6 inch heels!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2003, 01:08 PM

Wow Pam! I can see why you are so upset! How frustrating! Good for you for being tough with these people! And I'm glad you feel better after getting this off your chest!

's
Unread 04-09-2003, 01:51 PM

Pam, you're sure getting the runaround. I swear those people working at your doctor's office are the same as those who work at my daughter's doctor's office - totally lazy and incompetent. Bad enough that you are having so much trouble getting well--this just adds to the misery. Good for you for being strong and trying to get what you need despite their bumbling.

Unread 04-09-2003, 09:16 PM

WE are own best advocates now aren't we!!

So glad you could come here to vent with every right too! DRs offices can be bears sometimes especially when things go haywire like in rescheduling. I don't think they have a clue how a couple of days can seem like a lifetime when you are frustrated and in pain.

Maybe it will turn out to be for your good, maybe your GYN will be the best advocate for your test anyway then you won't totally feel like ing somebody on Wed.

Hugs,
lenee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register