Ovary free - symptom free - HRT free | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovary free - symptom free - HRT free Ovary free - symptom free - HRT free

Unread 04-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Ovary free - symptom free - HRT free

I had a TAH/BSO about 2 weeks ago due to uterine cancer. I am 39 years old. My doctor warned that the hyst was throw me immediately into surgical menopause. However, after 2 weeks, I've had no symptoms of menopause and I wondered if this was normal?

Prior to the surgery, I've battled PCOS most of my life and I suspect that perhaps my ovaries were never very active anyway. Am I fooling myself and I'm gonna be slapped sideways with symptoms in the next few weeks?

Any ideas? Anybody esle have a similar situation?

So far, no for me!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2003, 11:46 AM

You may still have a or you may not. We all vary in the level of symptoms we feel. It can take up to 6 weeks to "use up" your estrogen, so you may still have symptoms.

Personally, I had hotflashes in the recovery room, even though I slapped a patch on before surgery.

Dorrie
Unread 04-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Free too!

I am very new to this site, but I find it to be enlightening. My surgery, was two weeks ago as well, and I seem to be doing okay without hormone therapy.

Please keep me posted for the next few weeks of your recovery.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2003, 04:34 PM
I'm with you...no symptomes yet.

I had my TAH/BSO on 3/20 and was wondering too am I gonna just get slapped upside the head with symptoms one day?

Also, one doc told me that I would not have a reserve. I thought you stored estrogen in your fat around the middle.

I too am interested in responses and experiences.
Unread 04-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Re: I'm with you...no symptomes yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by clarisse
I thought you stored estrogen in your fat around the middle.
HA! That would explain a lot! LOL...

If that lovely lumpy roll round my middle is full of estrogen, I'm set for the next 20 years!

Seriously, I appreciate all these reponses. It appears that there are quite a few of us in the same boat...I'll be curious to see how this comes out for everyone.

Keep us informed!
Unread 04-11-2003, 04:27 AM

hello ladies ..
Im new here also ....!!
I too havent had any meno stuff going on ..Im 8 weeks post hyst
Must admit ..I was thinking i was a bit Odd ..BUT i see there are others out there ...

Only time will tell i suppose ..

Tiggy !
Unread 04-12-2003, 08:58 AM
symptom-free, too

I had TAH/USO in Sept., had horrible symptoms then -- started taking Progesterone and felt like a new woman... Then had USO (remaining ovary and large cyst) 4 weeks ago today, and no symptoms.... I held my breath for a while, but now have convinced myself it's just not gonna happen again!!! After the amount of times I called my Dr. crying and screaming last time, he laughed at me last week during my check-up -- asked if I was ready for Estrogen yet and I said nope, and I've decided to go it without it all together -- he was amused... probably waiting for me to call in the middle of the night freaking out! I am convinced I can do this with the right diet, exercise and supplements, though... at least for now...
I heard it was the progesterone that's stored in the fatty belly -- either way, I've got some to spare if anyone needs it!
Unread 04-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Symptom Free

Hi, I had my TVH on Dec 3rd with Bladder Suspension and the repair work. I got a patch about 3 days after surgery ( I think I really had fever not hot flashes because I ended up with pnemenia!) Anyway, after surgery I started getting cold tingling spells in my feet and legs so just on a long shot I took off the patch and quit wearing it. I did not experience any symptoms except occasional sweating just between my breast in the middle of the night. It does not wake me but if I wake up for some other reason I notice it a bit. Other than that I have no symptoms. Mary
Unread 04-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Beth

I'm 4 wks,had a total, and really had no symptoms. I started taking hrt 2 wks after for about a week. I missed a dose and talk about sweat one minute and be clammy the next. You may or may not need it. Just keep a check. Good luck.
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:46 PM

Good evening ladies,

I'm a year & 8 months post-op....... I am probably one of the lucky few who never had any kind of symptom after surgery !! Of course I did have a few hot flashes and lots of night sweats "before" my surgery -- think I was in menopause 'then'....... but I'm here to tell ya life is grand ....... since my surgery 8/21/01 I've not had one single menopausal symptom! I think some of you ladies might be in my catagory.... lets just count our blessings......... many ladies aren't as lucky as we are and suffer with the 's and night sweats. Let's count ourselves as lucky !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register