OK, saw the doctor . . . | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OK, saw the doctor . . . OK, saw the doctor . . .

Unread 04-10-2003, 07:29 AM
OK, saw the doctor . . .

Hi,

Thanks for all the warm wishes on my previous post. I saw my doctor and I'm kind of weary from the aftermath. He doesn't really have much of an idea as to what is going on. Maybe an adhesion. Maybe the bowel. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

I guess I have enough information to make a plan but he wasn't as enthusiastic a member of the team as I had hoped. I wanted him to have a positive attitude and say 'yeah! we'll get to the bottom of this!'

However, I will have a couple of x-rays, try to find a good chiropractor (his suggestion), maybe to some physio and massage (my suggestion) and although there is a two year wait for the Pain Management clinic he had just received an announcement from a doctor who has opened a PM Clinic in town. He said 'that guy will be full in three weeks' but I asked him to refer me and he said he would.

So we'll see. I have a rotten cold right now :cry: and feel like death warmed over on top of everything else. I think my CPAP blew stuff into my sinuses. I knew I shouldn't have used it last night!!

Bottom line is I'm still bummed. I wanted somebody else to take charge but it looks like it's still me.

I know that's the way it should be, or at least the way it just is.

Worst part is I gained more weight this week. BUMMER.

Somehow I'm just having a hard time getting motivated. Know what I mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2003, 08:04 AM
OK, saw the doctor . . .

Hi Joselle

I am so sorry that you still have not got the help you need!!!!!!!

I KNOW too well how if feels to be treated like , "Well, we dont know what else to do, so see ya"

I have to ask this question, PLEASE dont be offended, I just thought of it. Do you think that because of your age they are more apt to just blow you off? They did this with my mother and she was only 52 at the time. I am sorry, age has nothing to do with your pain and you deserve to get the help you need even if you are 90!!

I would see about maybe finding a new Dr and be very persistant. They need to know that you mean business!!!!!!!! You should not have to try to treat yourself, especially if there is something that can be done to help you.

I am so sorry you are now still dealing with a cold. I the cold bug just passes me by this year.

I am also having a very hard time getting motivated. I feel like I just want to close my eyes and it all go away! I want my energy and peace of mind back!! I want to be able to HOP out of bed and get dressed and LIVE life, not watch it pass right by me. I live in my PJ's unless I HAVE to go somewhere, even then I have a very hard time getting up and actually getting dressed without haveing to take a break.

I am here for you dear sister, as well as all of the other sisters!! We love you and pray you will get some answers for your pain!! I know how frusterating it is!!

I too am WAITING for my appt for pain management for my back pain. I need epidural steroid injections and have been passed to 3 different Military Dr's and now that every one at the Navy hospital where I see my Neurosurgeon has been deployed due to the war, I am waiting to be seen at a local civilian hospital for the pain management. It has been almost 7 years since my pain began and 3 months since I saw my neuro. NOW I am having to start from square 1 again. My appt with the PM clinic is not until May 15th and even then it is only the initial appt. Then I will have to wait AGAIN for the injections.:cry: .

Please know that you are NOT alone and we are here for you..

Unread 04-10-2003, 09:16 AM
OK, saw the doctor . . .

Joselle:

I hear ya.... I am so sorry your doctor was not there for you in the way you needed him to be.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting your doctor to take charge. In the past I have always wanted control. Now, I am just worn down and ready to hand the reigns over to someone else.

Thank God I have a doctor I trust to find the best solution to getting my returned symptoms under control. I don't want to decide. I prefer to think of it as "delegation of authority". I am not giving up, just will be delegating to someone that I trust.

Right now, I am keeping track of what hurts and when and trying to figure out if it is really cyclical or not. It is interesting to look at it on my calendar. For now it does seem to be mostly cyclical.

I have some really good days with no pain. And, during those days I hope to myself "hey maybe I am cured...maybe the pain won't come back". But, so far, it returns, like clockwork. And, no, its not from anticipation. I don't allow myself to look at last months calendar and say ... the pain should be back on day X.

I am still holding out some hope that this is just post surgical healing and that I am just healing slower than others. But, the evidence is mounting and I will have to address it soon ... unless it goes away [guess you can tell I am a bit of an incurable optimist]

In the meantime....thank God for naproxen sodium.

Take care and I'll be thinking about you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register