Appointments for the week of April 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appointments for the week of April 14 Appointments for the week of April 14

Unread 04-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Appointments for the week of April 14

Hi, Girls! It looks like a quiet week this week, but if for some reason I've missed your appointment, please add it on to this thread!

Margaret321 (Ellen) is having her annual physical exam with her internal medicine doctor on Monday.

Good luck, Ellen! I hope he gives you an "A" for overall health and attitude. It takes a great attitude to beat cancer the way you have! Let us know how you do!

Margaret sd is having her pre-op for her TAH (scheduled later this month) on Tuesday.

Good luck Margaret! Remember to write down any questions you might have and take them with you so you make sure you have all the information you want about your surgery.

And Riverbend (Pam) should be having her last internal radiation this week (unless I've lost count).

(((Pam))) I hope you are getting along OK and that this radiation is doing the trick! I hope this one really is your last and that they can then declare you Cancer Free!

's and 'ers to all 3 of you! Please come back and let us know how those appointments go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM

Ellen. I hope your examine goes well and everything is OK

Margaret I hope your pre op appt answers all your questions, eases your mind a but during the waiting time

Pam, I Hope yjis is truly your last radiation, that it goes smoothly and does the job.
I am having another Pet scan on Wed, can't beleive it has been 3 months since the last one
Unread 04-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Pam and Margaret sd

Pam--I hope Jeanine's right and this is your last internal radiation. By now all of those cancer cells have bit the dust or been run out of town. Best wishes and may you hear the words soon: cancer free.

Margaret sd--I had such a short rushed pre-op conference with the surgeon I could barely tell him I was alone and had no one at home to help...he was on the run and I got to ask nothing. You stand your ground--take in a list of questions and ask more as you think of them--and get all the answers you want and need.
Best wishes for the TAH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Debbie--Hope that PET SCAN shows nothing

but absolutely normal insides!
Unread 04-13-2003, 08:08 PM

s Debbie Many prayers going up for a perfect Pet.

s Ellen Get some great news on general health.

:Margaret: Have a reassuring pre op visit.

:Pam: Plan a party for radiation completion.

oxoxoxoxo karenann
Unread 04-13-2003, 08:38 PM

((Ellen)), ((Margeret)), & ((Pam))..... wishing you Good Luck with your appointments!

Unread 04-13-2003, 10:24 PM

{{Ellen}}

Good luck on your visit, I hope you receive nothing but GREAT news!!!

{{Pam}}

Good luck on your treatment, I hope it will be your last one and you will have minimal side effects.

{{Margaret}}

Good luck to you at your pre op. The gals have given you excellent advice about writing down any questions you may have. You might want to bring a friend or family member with you or a tape recorder, its hard to "hear" correctly at these visits, especially when you're nervous.

{{Debbie}}

Good luck to you on your PET scan, I hope you receive nothing but GREAT news!!!

Many 's to all of you and for any more having appointments this week.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 04-14-2003, 08:07 AM

{{Ellen}}, A regular exam and no treatments!!! Bet you thought the day would never come. Enjoy it as I know you'll get a clean bill of health.

{{Margaret}}, I remember my pre-op meeting with the gyn/onc. I took out my long list of questions (all of them from this great site), he smiled and said I'm glad you came prepared. We sat and spoke for a long time with me taking copious notes.

{{Pam}}, Last radiation treatment - I sure hope you're planning a party. There'll be dancing in the streets!!

{{Debbie}}, The three months went really quickly. I know your PET scan will come back clean.

For everyone - we love killing cancer here. It's comforting to know we can win the fight.
s for all,
Laura
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:50 AM

Good luck and prayers for you all to have great results!

Ellen, hope your appointment goes great and you get good news!!

Debbie, prayers for a clean and clear pet scan!

Margaret, hope your pre-op goes well and that you surgery is successful!

Pam, hope your treatments are doing the job for you and that this will be all that is necessary for you!!!

Stay strong!!
Rhonda
Unread 04-14-2003, 02:36 PM

Hey ladies,
Thanks for the support, it means alot to know that you have such great people pulling for you.
Pam will be partying! Probably not till Sat. And probably close to a bathroom. But I will be partying! Will bore you with a report and my slightly(?) weird view of the entire matter later.
Last one (#5) is Wednesday!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register