Still not doing very well, now upper abdomen is Really distended, WHY??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still not doing very well, now upper abdomen is Really distended, WHY??? Still not doing very well, now upper abdomen is Really distended, WHY???

Unread 04-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Still not doing very well, now upper abdomen is Really distended, WHY???

Hello sisters.

I have been resting all weekend. I have done what I HAD to do and then it was back on the couch for me!!

I stopped my Zocor Friday and some of my symptoms are actually getting better. The fatigue, spasms, joint pain and just the ill feelings are getting better. Still not great, but at least they are subsiding some.

The things that have gotten worse are the back pain (that is the worst!!, due to DDD and the herniated discs)
I am having sharp shooting pain in my pubic area, and the right upper quadrant pain.:confuse:

Here is the new ones..... Same pain except like a pulsing pain that comes and goes in the left upper quadrant and NOW my whole upper abdomen from my belly button to right below my breast is VERY distended. I am NOT a small person but my upper abdomen is BIGGER than my lower abdomen. I dont have horrible pain, just like an acheing and sometimes sharp, but WHY would my upper stomach be getting so big? It almost stick out as far as my breasts do.

I noticed it last night while taking a bath, I could not even lean forward it was so uncomfortable. It is like I am 9 months pregnant.. NO LIE. When I stand sideways it looks like I am about to give birth. My DD even mentioned it. It is also VERY uncomfortable to try to suck my stomach in. Sucking it in is a habit, but now it is like a chore and I get out of breath like I am pushing something up into my chest.

What is happening to me?????? I know that the upper right pain is more than likely my gallbladder, but what the heck is the upper left pain and WHY the swelling?? My BM's are fine (except for the straining I have to do) and I have no fever. I do have alot of belching though, and sometimes some vomit comes up with it but not enough to run to the toilet. Sorry I know that sounds grose.

I know all I seem to do is complain and gripe and moan, I just have NO one else to talk to!!

I was so upset tonight when my DS asked me if after my surgeries I would not be sick anymore. I told him I prayed that I would be better but did not know. How do I explain it to him? Heck, I can even explain it to myself!!

Well, thanks for listening. I hope someone has a clue as to what all of this is, because I sure dont.....

I see my DR on Wednesday, but I am just really confused right now.

Love to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2003, 10:44 PM

Sweetie I don't think I'd wait until Wednesday to find out what's going on with the distended upper abdomen. Is your nurse friend available to come check on you? I'd feel a lot better if I knew someone was making sure you got to the DR ASAP if you need to. That just doesn't sound right to me.
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-14-2003, 05:52 AM
(( ))

I agree about having that checked sooner rather then later. I hope it is ok and I am so sorry you are going through all of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2003, 11:08 AM

((((Pam)))) I agree with ((((Linda)))) and (((Sherry))): please have this distended belly checked as soon as possible. Any new pain or new symptom of this severity should be addressed with your doctor.

Sending lots of healing s your way. Please keep us posted.
Unread 04-14-2003, 04:46 PM

Pam,
Please do give your a call. With all you've been thru I think any new symptoms warrants an immediate phone call.

That said, I have lots of problems with a distended abdomen. I know mine comes from eating. Some days from eating just about anything, other days from eating something on my forbidden list and than some days it just pops out. So far I have no medical explanation and am still searching for those very elusive answers.

Please do call your doctor Pam.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register