Can I be a bigger mess??? Went to the ER last night! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I be a bigger mess??? Went to the ER last night! Can I be a bigger mess??? Went to the ER last night!

Unread 04-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Pasdechat...

Great description Gemsab on the endoscope. One more thing, they usually give you a little versed also so you won't remember a thing...

It's not as bad as it seems to you right now....Remember, waiting for the tests is the hardest part.

Keep that chin up....I'm glad you went to the ER, especially being in that much pain. Now, perhaps you'll start getting some answers....and, I would definetly inform your GYN about the URO...as Linda said, if he is referring to him, he needs feedback, good and bad.

Good luck sweetie...

Remember, we are always here for you.

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Can I be a bigger mess??? Went to the ER last night!

((((((Pasdechat))))))

I'm glad that it wasnt your heart & everythings ok
Thats good that you went to the ER - you can NEVER be too careful !
Let us know how your tests go after you have them. I hope you are feeling better soon

Susan
Unread 04-14-2003, 11:35 PM

Thanks once again ladies

I will keep you updated. In the meantime, what can I eat????? Nothing agree's with my esophagus. I am literally starving myself because it hurts too much to eat! I calculated my calorie intake for today and it's at about 200(and it's 10:30 pm)! Yesterday was no better except that I at least got IV fluids in me. My dinner consisted of a bite of a potato and a bite of chicken and my esophagus was already going into spasms! I ate rice earlier today and same thing. I had a few teeny, tiny sips of milk and that's all I had today! My esophagus must be so injured that it can't even handle water going down. Any ideas on what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2003, 12:55 AM

Hi

How about trying some plain icecream. It's cool and might soothe that inflamed area. I'd keep it in my mouth a bit before swallowing just to warm is slightly. It's worth a go.

Another thing could be slippery elm from a health store. That's very soothing to the digestive tract. It puts a mucous type lining on things. Could just cover that rough area and allow it to heal.

As to the gastroscopy. Honestly it's no sweat. I had my throat sprayed with a local anaesthetic and a light sedative administered in my arm. Don't remember anything after the throat spray. You're a bit dozy for an hour or so but it's nothing compared to what you've been through. Real doddle believe me.

I so hope things improve for you soon. You really have been through the mill and so deserve a break. Hang in there.

Unread 04-15-2003, 09:20 AM
(((((Pasdechat)))))

I hope today will be a little bit of a better day for you

When I had all the GI problems, my doctor put me on a bland diet...diluted Gatorade, jello, weak tea, applesauce, scrambled eggs, popsicles, puddings....those types of foods.

It was much easier to swallow and I stayed away from anything that was acidic and rough...like OJ and toast. It burned all the way down.

Did the ER doc say if you were experiencing any reflux??? I had that also with the other problems at that time. Ice cream (BOO-HOO) would have been a big for me at that time. That was because of the high fat content of ice cream...which is my favorite food of course!!

So on top of your IC diet restrictions now you are eliminating more foods from your diet..... But, it's temporary....just till they figure it out, right???? Keep that chin up....

I'm thinking about you...sending you positive thoughts.

Lori
Unread 04-15-2003, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the food ideas. I already know ice cream is not good for me becasue that's when I get the worst spasms! This morning I ate 5 bites of cheerio's before my first class at school and I was feeling the spasms all the way through English class, then when I got back, I ate a few bites of ham. I've already lost 5 pounds in just a couple days. Yes, I want to lose weight, but not by starvation! I'll just keep trying to get a little bit down at a time!
Unread 04-15-2003, 12:28 PM

pasdechat

I too had pain!!!- Please when you go in for your GI ( and insist on having one ) ask them if you could have the barrium dipped in something so you can swallow it!! This was the only was they found out that I had a Strictuer, they dipped a marshmellow in the barium and bingo!! I had to have my Esophageal streched they found ulcers around the stricture which was causing the burn! and the GI man said I had a Hiatal Hernia as well. I now am free of pain and I can eat anything without it getting stuck! I am taking Aciphex and have been for years, for me this works best, cannot live without it! Try to avoid salt and spiced foods, check out Acid Reflux on the web. One more thing do you have Asthima? this too could cause spasam's. I take Motrin qd and find that it is best with food, Good Luck with your testing the upper GI is cool if you can look at the monitor, the Endoscopy "easypeasy"
you will be asleep. Best to you I KNOW THE PAIN
Ding

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register