Went for a post op checkup today, doing great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went for a post op checkup today, doing great Went for a post op checkup today, doing great

Unread 04-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Went for a post op checkup today, doing great

Hi everyone! Today I had my three week post op checkup, a couple of days early, because the surgeon will be out of town the rest of the week.

He removed the steri strips so now I can see my incision in all its glory Luckily though, all appears OK. He told me I can start putting a little Vitamin E cream on it if I want to (I do).

He felt my abdomen all over to check for signs of tenderness (of course there were many, which he said was fine at this point). Asked if I'd returned to my normal diet yet (of course!) and if things were 'coming out' OK --

Then he told me he was OK'ing me to start returning to my normal activities... gave me a knowing smile and said "WITHIN REASON!!!!" Guess he's got my number huh?

He said I can even eat nuts and seeds now, occasionally. I believe his exact words when he saw the twinkle in my eye were "that doesn't mean tonight would be a good night to celebrate with a slice of pecan pie and a slab of peanut brittle.... moderation, remember!"

I see him again in another four weeks, and until then I've been released on my own recognizance. I was supposed to be coaching at a tournament in Las Vegas this weekend, but DBF and I decided I wasn't quite up to the trip just yet. My kids will visit me Friday night and we'll talk about when they can come home to stay, assuming they're willing to pitch in around here. I guess life is really going to return to normal eventually!

-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2003, 09:39 PM

{{{{{{{{Linda}}}}}}}}} that was the best news I have heard in a long time! I am so happy for you! Sounds like things are getting back to normal for you. I think I'll go and bake you some brownies with nuts.

Emily s
Unread 04-15-2003, 10:26 PM

Surferbabe, I am so glad you are recovering so nicely 's!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 05:24 AM

Whooooooo hoooooooo!!!!

I'm so glad to hear your well on your way (((((((((Linda)))))))) What a whole new outlook you must have eh? What happy news for you sweetie!!!

Hmmmmmm.....think I'll go do the peanut brittle while ((((Ems)))) makes the brownies with nuts!!!

Dawn
Unread 04-16-2003, 05:44 AM
You go girl

Good to hear your report. What is a colectomy? I notice you had bladder suspension earlier. I had a sling done with my hyst and it may be too tight. I have to go back too the Gyn tomorrow. Hope the road is smooth for you from here on out.
(((Hugs))))
Unread 04-16-2003, 05:57 AM

Linda --

sounds like a good doc visit to me! Glad to hear you are recovering so well from this last surgery.

Guess I'll have to go bake you some oatmeal cookies to keep up with the other gals!!

's

Ann
Unread 04-16-2003, 06:40 AM

So glad to hear good news. I have been so tired lately I haven't been on the computer so have a lot of reading to do. I hope you are fixed for good!
God Bless,
Terry
Unread 04-16-2003, 07:01 AM
AWESOME

visit! I am so happy that you had a great visit! I hope things continue on an upward swing.
Unread 04-16-2003, 07:09 AM

GREAT NEWS!! We knew you could do it!! Take care with those nuts!! as I am already there!! be a good princess and still do take at easy, I was 4 weeks post-op yesterday and have all to do as to not overdue things!! I am sooo happy for you- you sooo deserve it!!

Unread 04-16-2003, 09:55 AM

I am so glad that you finally have some good news and are released.

You know the are watching so be a good and remember to take it easy..

You will be superwoman in no time!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register