Dr appt cancelled AGAIN!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr appt cancelled AGAIN!!!!! Dr appt cancelled AGAIN!!!!!

Unread 04-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Dr appt cancelled AGAIN!!!!!

Well, I got the call this morning stating that my Dr is still on emergency family leave and my appt was being cancelled.

I was really mad at first and then realized that it is not my Dr's fault and I pray that her family is OK.

On the other hand I NEED and appt. There were no appts avaliable except acute appts on Friday and they can not be made until tomorrow. I finally found a vert nice nurse that said she would put a sticky note on her computer to make me an acute appt first thing tomorrow morning for Friday and call me with a time.

I am not having breathing difficulties anymore, but I still have pain in my upper back that seems to be coming from the front. I am not sure if it is due to my gallbladder or what, but I really need to have it checked out!!!!!!!!

It is like a throbbing pain right below my shoulderblades in my back and radiates to my sides and into my shoulders. Like I do not have enough pain to deal with!!! :cry:

One good thing is that I have been off the Zocor for going on 5 days and the fatigue is so much better and so are alot of the other symptoms like the muscle and joint pain and the weakness.

I still have some pain in my muscles, but it is localized to my rear end area and the front and back of my legs. Lets see, that could be from the herniated discs, the rectocele or the fistula, WHO KNOWS.. They are not allowed to go anywhere near that part of me anymore unless I am unconcious.

I pray I get an appt soon especially since DH is coming home Saturday and we are leaving for Florida on Tuesday. I pray I dont ruin that trip!!!

Thanks sisters!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 12:27 AM

((((((Pam))))))

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time getting in to your Dr. & that you're pain is so bad
I can sympathize with you on the pain thing though. I am on massive amounts of neurontin & 30 mg. of methadone a day & STILL have quite a bit of pain.
I sure hope they can find out what is causing your back pain. I have back pain but its in my lower back.
I know that I'm am just getting SO frustrated - I'm going in to see a Rheumy in about a week or so to see if I have fibromyalgia. There just has to be a reason why I hurt in so many places. Sounds like you are in a similar situation.
I'll be praying that you can get in on Fri. without any problem - let us know how it goes, ok ? Hang in there - we're here for you

Susan
Unread 04-17-2003, 06:58 AM

Thanks Susan..

I am also battleing lower back pain... It is probably worse than any of the other pain. If I move or bend in a certain way I literally feel like I am stuck.

My low back pain is due to DDD and 2 herniated discs. I am scheduled with the pain management clinic next month and hopefully it wont take them long to get me in for the epidural steroid injections. I should have had them months ago but the Neuro I was seeing at the naval hospital was deployed for the war so I had to start all over with a civilian Neuro. I just hate starting ALL over with a new Dr when you have already been diagnosed and a treatment plan laid out.

Have you had any x-rays or an MRI of your lower back yet to find out what is wrong with it?? I had an x-ray and it just showed narrowing of my spine and the MRI showed it all!! I wish I would have have the MRI done on my whole back from top to bottom though.

It is sad that even with pain meds our backs still hurt. I am fine if I am laying down, but once I get up, OUCH!!! What exactly is methadone and neurontin? I am on tylox (oxycodone) and I feel like it is starting not to work as well anymore but I am afraid to ask for anything stronger.

Again thanks for replying and I pray you find out what your pain is from and it is NOT fibro. My neighbor has it and she is always in pain. I feel so bad for people suffering from that disease!! Please let us know how your appt goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register