I have pleurisy????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have pleurisy????? I have pleurisy?????

Unread 04-17-2003, 05:26 AM
Hi Ladies,

I took your advice and went back to the ER last night. They ran more tests, but again they were inconclusive. I was still having palpitations, but then, I've been having those for years. They don't think it's pleurisy; now they're thinking I may have pulled a chest muscle when I was trying to get my Mom and her wheelchair in and out of the car Saturday. To be honest, they really don't know at all what's wrong.

Anyway, they switched my pain meds over to Darvocet. The Vicodin was making me extremely sick to my stomach.

I do feel some better this morning. I haven't had a pain pill since last night, but the pain hasn't returned. I do still have some pressure on my chest, but at least it's not hurting. I'm going to stay home from work today and rest and see how I do. They cleared me to fly to Jacksonville tomorrow, so if I'm up to it, I'm going to go see my family.

Thank you so much for your concern and for the research you did for me. You ladies are wonderful beyond words!! I you all!!!

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 06:14 AM
I have pleurisy?????

I am SO GLAD to hear from you, Lisa!!! First thing this morning
I have checked this board for an update on your condition.
I pray they are right, that it is a pulled chest muscle. The
heart palpitations alone can possibly be a symtom of low
estrogen. Are you flying out Friday and returning Sunday?
I will keep those prayers following you this week-end. Please
remember that if anything happens in JAX, they have the
Mayo clinic. Have a wonderful visit with your family, and please
take care good care of yourself. Did ER give you any kind of
muscle relaxer if they suspect a pulled muscle? If not, you might want to talk with the university doctor at UTK; GO VOLUNTEERS!!!
Unread 04-17-2003, 08:06 AM
I have pleurisy?????

Lisa
I am glad you are feeling a bit better. Do you have a family doctor you can call??? Perhaps he/she could squeeze you in today just to be sure everything is okay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi Kim,

I called my doctor yesterday to make an appointment. The ER doc said I needed to be monitored with a Holter monitor for awhile. Believe it or not, the soonest they can get me in is June 10!!! I told the girl I'll either be dead or better by then. The only thing they could do was put me on a cancellation list, so if they get a cancellation, they will call me.

I feel better than I did yesterday, but I'm still having some pressure and mild pain, nothing like I was having the last two days though.

Locki, they didn't give me a muscle relaxor. They just gave me some Darvocet, since the Vicodin was making me sick; and they also told me to use a heating pad, but that doesn't help much. I haven't taken a pain pill either yet this morning.

They gave me some Pepsid in case it was stomach or esophagus related, but that doesn't seem to be helping at all. Oh well. As the old saying goes, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." (My son hates that saying!)

Thanks again, ladies. Big s to all,

Lisa
Unread 04-17-2003, 11:09 AM
I have pleurisy?????

Well...I'm not really sure we all feel good about this yet. At least they said no to pleurisy. My 80 year old aunt had very similiar symptoms and was throughly checked out...they called it a pulled muscle. She knew she was having a heart attack and just layed in bed all night waiting. She figured it was her time. She was put on muscle relaxers and did say that the most sever pain she felt that first night never returned like that.

I took my hubby to er also with extreme pain...and he can take alot. Dx was strained muscle. Found good relief with pain pills and a muscle relaxer...but it hung on for a couple of weeks.

I guess we'd feel better if we knew for sure about you. It all sounded so classic of heart. I'm happy for you that the heart has been ruled out. Would have been nice to get that monitor though! Perhaps the palpitations are due to estrogen levels like mentioned above.

If you've been cleared for flying then just know that I'll have you in my thoughts. Try to enjoy yourself. You deserve some happy memories and tons of hugs and kisses from grandkids.

hope you feel so much better soon,
Unread 04-17-2003, 09:57 PM
I have pleurisy?????

((((((Lisa))))))) I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until tonight: been having hectic days... again.

(((((Sweetie)))))) I must say that those first posts of yours had me worried And, like Maralyn, I'm not sure that I'm entirely satisfied that all is ok with you

I do know that indestion, pulmonary diseases, pulled muscles and heart attacks can all have similar symptoms, which is why doctors will urge us to head for the ER when we have these. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well and that it is indeed a pulled muscle. Hopefully, if you decide to go to Jacksonville, you have a doctor you know who will be available, should you not feel good again.

Take care, (((((sweetie)))))) and keep us updated. We're all ing for you.
Unread 04-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that I made it to Jacksonville okay. It's so wonderful to see my children and my two precious grandbabies.

I haven't had any more chest pains since I went to the ER again the other night. Hopefully, whatever was causing the pain is gone. (The blood pressure medicine I'm taking is also for angina. Don't know if that is significant or not.)

Thank you again for your concern and prayers. I might not be online here for a few days until I return home Monday evening. But I'll let you know how I'm doing as soon as I can.

Much and s,

Lisa
Unread 04-18-2003, 10:20 PM
I have pleurisy?????

(((Lisa))), thank you so much for letting us know you are safe. I can't help thinking that if you were a man instead of a woman and had walked into the hospital with the same symptoms, you'd be on that monitor right now...

Remember heart problems such as unstable angina cause pains that come and go as the coronary artery spasms or occludes and then relaxes. I hope your DRs will take this seriously when you get back home.

Enjoy your visit with your family, they are precious!
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-19-2003, 05:07 PM
I have pleurisy?????

(((((Lisa))))))) Thanks for the update and for letting us know that you made it ok to Jacksonville. I hope you have a nice, relaxing time with your babies

Please be sure to take care of yourself and, hopefully, your doctors will be able to pinpoint what exactly is going on with you.

Great big s going your way.
Unread 04-19-2003, 06:35 PM
I have pleurisy?????

Lisa, I am so glad to hear that you are safely in JAX. Have a wonderful time with your children and grandchildren. I will
be praying for you for a safe return.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register