Very worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Very worried

I just got a call from the medical assistant at my gyn onc's office about my recent Pap. They want to send my slide to another lab because my dr. wasn't happy with the way the lab interpreted the specimen. It came back with atypical cells and even though the lab was told that I had a hysterectomy, they wrote in the report that the atypical cells could be from radiation, which I didn't have!! That's why he want s to send it to another lab. Now I have to wait another week or so for the results. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just the lucky one? My stomach is in knots! This was my first Pap since my hyst. back in Sept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 05:24 PM
I'd Say Try to Relax

Paps are interpreted by individuals and clearly this one didn't do a very good job. Your Dr. is sending it elsewhere to get a more accurate reading on it. Once you have that reading, then your Dr. can tell you "OK" or what is more likely there. Let's just say that there are a few radiologists I'd love to clobber--their "interpretations" haven't been right or have left things off...
Hard, but just wait for a new reading. Ellen
Unread 04-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Very worried

Hi (((Sue))),

I can relate, as I had something similar happen to me.

After my hyst, my ONC GYN had me coming in first every 2 months, then every 3 months... Last May I got a call from my Drs. office almost 6 weeks after I had been in for a check-up, telling me that the Dr. wanted me to come back for a colposcopy because my PAP came back abnormal :hair: . I was very upset that it took that long before I knew about, and then of course I worried and worried, and worried some more...

Long story short, the colposcopy showed a tiny spot (Dr. needed a microscope to see it) which was biopsied. Biopsy came back normal and I haven't had any irregular PAP's since. PAP tests can be annoying in that there are a lot of variables that can make it abnormal.

It's easier said than done, I know; but please try not to worry too much. Let us know how everything turns out, ok?

Best wishes and lots of s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Very worried

{{Sue}},
Again, try not to worry to much (always much easier said than done). The internist I go to always sends paps to two labs. Says there are to many variables and interpretations and he feels uncomfortable depending on one reading.
s,
Laura
Unread 04-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Very worried

thank you Margaret, Tina and Laura for your responses. I am a lot calmer now than when I wrote that post. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. It's the waiting that's going to drive me crazy. I will post again when I get the new results. Thanks again for your support!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register