Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess

Unread 04-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Best Wishes to our April 18th Princes

Dear Sisters, let's ensure that autumrhain (Anna) is sent off for her Bladder sling and stretch, rectal hernia repair and lysis of any new adhesions found surgery with all our ers

(((Anna)))) you won't be heading back to the castle on your own, since all of your Hyster Sisters will be there, holding your hand, sending s and your way and ensuring that all goes well.

Please let us know how it all went, when you have a chance. And don't forget your training.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess

(((Anna))) I hope everything goes smoothly for you at the castle and you're soon back home ing and being a good ! Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-17-2003, 01:48 PM

{{{Anna}}}
I'm sending s for you and you will be in my ers. I will be praying that this surgery will bring you much needed relief and that you have a speedy recovery. Don't forget your training.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 05:07 PM

Anna

Goodluck Sweetie- you will be home and feeling better in no time..remember get lots of rest and be a good princess.

Unread 04-18-2003, 07:25 AM
(((((Anna)))))

Hello Anna.....

I'm sending positive, strong thoughts your way for a smooth surgery and an uneventful recovery!!!

Keep that crown polished and get plenty of , and as you are permited....

Lori
Unread 04-18-2003, 07:33 AM
Anna

May everything go well today. I will offer a and lots of (((HUGS)))

Be a good and get lots of
Unread 04-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Many thanks

thanks so much for all the ers! i don't know where i would be without them. on the whole my dear sisters, surgery went well. i had alot of swelling so i had to come home with a catheter for a few days. lots of fun explaining that to my DD. got it out thursday and was released from bed rest. think i moved around abit too much today though as hubby wanted to celebrate my 34 (which was actually yesterday but i needed some lol) so far i can sneeze without leaking anything on myself. wahoo!! my only complaint right now is that i stopped bleeding on tues (my 4th day post op) and now here i am on friday night bleeding again. and it's red.. like a period red. weird! its been a little heavier than i would think is normal and if it doesn't let up in the next 12 hours or so i will be paging the good old
thanks again for thinking of me. i really appreciate all the love and support.
Unread 04-25-2003, 11:06 PM

Glad you posted, (((Anna))), I was wondering how things went for you. I know what you mean about explaining the catheter to your DD, my two DS's thought it was WAY COOL!

Please don't let it go too long with the red bleeding before calling the DR... new bright red blood is a and needs to be taken seriously, OK?

Remember to take it easy, !
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-27-2003, 06:21 PM

Hi Anna,

We are true sisters, I had surgery April 18 as well! I had bladder sling, cyctocele and rectocele repair, and perineoplasty. It was a rough road to go but I know we will be happy in the end! (Pardon the play on words, a little post-op humor there)

I am doing pretty good and getting around. My urinary cath was removed the morning after surgery, and I had a supra-pubic cath for 6 days. I really didn't need it, as I was going on my own quite well. It isn't the same feeling as before, more of a dribble, but I'm just thankful everything is working. I am not really bleeding much, you need to keep an eye on that.

My urologist used my own skin, and I have about a 4 inch abdominal scar. She said your own skin is much more likely to hold. I was unbearably miserable with my prolapses for several months before surgery. What I am worried about now is limiting my lifting and activites for the rest of my life, as I don't want to mess this up and ever do it again. I am normally very active.

I did take a mirror and look down there, what a shock! At 54 with 3 pregnancies and a hysterectomy almost 20 years ago, I look like a 13 year old now! My gyno was right when he said he would tighten me up! Obviously I was quite stretched out before. I have not seen my gyno yet, but he did state that my vagina had been shortened to begin with, and is now even shorter. Yikes! I was quite clear that I wanted to avoid a shortened vaginal vault, but I guess there wasn't much choice. Guess I have to wait & see how everything works for DH. I'm looking forward to that second honeymoon! :-)

Take good care, we have aways to go, dear sister! Be patient and enjoy the down time!
Unread 04-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi Sister Di

Diane:
Wow! We really had the "rotor-router" job! Mine was done by the URO and he did all mine vaginally! OUCH! Very sore down there. Still having sitting problems! I guess he figured I had enough scars on my abdomen. I've read several posts with sisters who had their own skin, or skin from cadavers.. my doctor used PIG skin?!? Wonder if its any cause for concern? He says he's had a lot of success with the type of "sling" that I have and they way it is attached within me. Only will tell. I was so glad to have the cath removed! I have no patience for those things! Any way I am beginning to urinate well on my own.. it's odd though, as it doesn't fell like it comes out with much intensity. And sometimes I will sit there and sit there and then decide I don't have to go.. and that's when the stream comes? As long as I am not leaking when I walk up stairs or brush my teeth then I will consider the surgery well worth all the pain and bruising!
I did speak with my and we spoke about the bleeding. I've been whacked by the pillow police! Trying to do too much too fast and not getting enough rest. He said take it easy for a day or two and see it the bleeding diminishes. If it gets at all worse then I'm back in his office. So, from one punctured to another.. take care of yourself. And god speed on your recovery!
Anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register