Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess

Unread 04-28-2003, 02:43 AM
Best Wishes to our April 18th Princess

Anna,

I am not going with much more than a dribble either, but it seems to be sufficient to empty, albeit quite frequently. Since it has only been a little over a week, this should improve with time.

I thought all slings required some type of abdominal incision? My urologist was concerned my facia would be too scarred to use due to previous hysterectomy and tummy tuck, but she said it was fine, and that the pig facia was available only as a back-up if she could not use my own. She did say she has never had to do a re-do on someone with their own tissue, and usually other types of material will erode with time. Don't know if that is what most surgeons ascribe to or not. She also said it would be OK to even jog eventually, but I have my doubts about that! I haven't seen my gyno yet, but I am having much less pain, and moving around pretty well. I think your bleeding issue is a lot like childbirth, you do too much and your bound to bleed more. So it's back to the couch for you, girlie!

I still can't sit for a long period of time, but compared to some of the post-op bladder sling problems here, I think we are doing great! At least everything is up & running! I wish more women that had GREAT results would post more often, usually they just happy and get on with their lives. You always hope your not the one that end up with problems, but it helps so much to be educated and have someone to turn to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2003, 06:32 AM
Bladder Fun

Diane:
I couldn't agree more. Most women are just pleased to move on.
I went to a great outfit here in Tampa for my sling. Great surgeon, Dr. Mark, who invented something called the "Tampa Sling" which is a procedure he's teaching across the US. I think he felt bad since I already had a slew of abdominal incisions. Haha!
Like you I am having difficulty sitting for any length of time. Riding in a car is the absolute worst! It doesn't matter what kind of car it is or how short the trip is...it's just terrible. So I guess I shouldn't really be doing it yet anyway.
I'll have to talk with my gyno and she what she thinks about the new sling and all. She's been great. The hysto was done by another doctor and she was on call the night I went into the ER. When she told me I would have to have surgery a few days shy of the 8 month mark I was in shock. Then when she said I never should have been in that position I never went back to the other guy. We've had enough fun just trying to get the HRT to strike the right balance. Haha!
In time you and I will be running down the streets I am sure.. for now.. we can only run our mouths. Hee-hee.. not enough sleep makes one cuckoo in the early morning!
Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register