nerve entrapment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nerve entrapment nerve entrapment

Unread 04-17-2003, 04:44 PM
nerve entrapment

Hello,
I think I may have a diagnosis for my groin pain following tvh & bladder lift. My new obgyn says it could be either obturator or inguinal nerve entrapment. I see a neurologist tomorrow. I got in quickly because I called the neurologist office and asked to be put on a cancellation list. Otherwise I would be wating until June. I need to have my nerve damage assesed and my nerves mapped or something like that. The obgyn said he doesn't want me saying that HE caused my nerve damage. I guess he is being cautious but I was a little taken back by it. I guess because all my problems are surgically caused. I did find it very interesting that he said that my previous urogynecologist appeared to think it was scar tissue and nerve damage from what he could see in my records. But the uro didn't convey that to me in a way I could understand. He would just pat my shoulder and say "I'll get you better" I thought he was a good dr and he was very nice just evasive. I looker up obturator nerve entrapment and it said " exercise induced groin pain" which is my exact symptoms, whenever I move -my groin hurts in one exact location. My legs feel heavy and I have decreased range of motion. Like somethinkg is pulling inside. Physical therapy helped a lot but didn't relieve my groin pain. I hope this neurologist is helpful.
Just thought I would update you all and possible help anyone who had similar problems. It appears mine problems were caused by my bladder lift (needle suspension) and not my hysterectomy.
good Luck and Blessings
paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 09:19 PM
nerve entrapment

Paula,
I've been told that I have nerve damage. Not sure if that's the same thing as entrapment. I did have my ilinogual nerves removed and it has NOT helped to ease my pain. I will be seeing a neurologist soon also.

I did see a neurologist several years ago and I will say that it was the most thorough exam I ever had. However, at the time we didn't know about the nerve damage so he didn't examine me in that area.

I'm sending big s for you Paula. Do let us know how your appt goes.
Unread 04-18-2003, 07:00 PM
nerve theory wrong

I just got back from the neurologist. He did a nerve test and I have NO nerve damage. So there goes another doctor's theory. I still say and I have said this since my first surgery. The first doctor sewed me too tight. Now exactly what is sewed too tight I don't know, but something is. I am hoping this new ob/gyn will go in and check it out and see what sewed wrong.
thanks for your interest, I will keep you posted

paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register