SHould I go to the ER or will it pass?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SHould I go to the ER or will it pass?? SHould I go to the ER or will it pass??

Unread 04-18-2003, 06:09 AM
SHould I go to the ER or will it pass??

Well, I know the old saying,"If in doubt, go to the ER" but I am praying some of you gallbladder sufferers have experienced this and can lead me in the right direction.... If it is even my gallbladder.

I woke up a few minutes ago to ge my son off to school and did morning bathroom run.. Now I have the contipated diarrhea back and as I sit here my right side under my ribs is killing me. It even hurts to sit unless I am sitting as straight as I can, then that hurts my back. Ii woke up this morning belching for NO reason and I hardly ever belch unless I have drank a soda.

The pain is shooting from under my ribs to my back, shoulder and arm. Why is this happening first thing in the morning? I have not eaten anything. The past few days everything I eat makes me sick to my stomach. I have also been getting the hiccups so much that it drives me crazy!!

If I did not have a Dr appt this afternoon I would be at the ER in a heartbeat, but knowing I have waited so long for this appt and if I go to the ER I might very well miss it I dont know what to do.. And if it is my GB can anyone in the ER do anything for it there?

This just BITES!!!

Thanks and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2003, 06:52 AM
(( ))

Maybe you can call your DR and see if they can see you sooner or maybe see what they suggest???

and I would do more if it would let me.
Unread 04-18-2003, 07:18 AM
(((((Pam)))))

Pam...

If you are in that much pain, you should go to the ER. Tell them you have an appt with your doc this afternoon. They will call him. If you are having that much pain and it's your gallbladder, then yes..they can do something about it. Why should you suffer???

GB pain is horrible...I had some stones a few years ago and when they passed it was horrible.

Please let us know how your doing later, ok???????

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2003, 07:20 AM

Pam,
Either call your doctor or head to the ER. I know it's a difficult decision, but if you are in that much pain it is best to be checked out.
Unread 04-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Strange!!

Well, I had planned on going to the ER. I called my friend that is an RN and told her and she was on her way over while I threw some clothes on.

As I was getting dressed and waiting for her the pain subsided and just became sore. My friend and her stethescope and BP cuff showed up and she took my vitals and told me she thinks I have a gallbladder attack.

I am OK for now, it is just really sore where it was hurting so bad. She is here with me and is going to sit with me and go to my Dr appt with me as well. What would I do without her????? also, what would I do without all of my sisters? GO CRAZY, that is what I would do.....

Well, she is making me go lay down for a while, I will let you all know how the Dr appt goes. Fingers crossed!!!

Unread 04-18-2003, 09:03 AM
I am glad it subsided

I had my GB removed a few years ago and those attacks can be HORRIBLE.

Let us know how your appointment goes.
Unread 04-18-2003, 10:40 AM

Pam,
I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better. Thank goodness you have such a wonderful friend, and with a degree to boot! I hope the doctor has some insight for you this afternoon.
Unread 04-21-2003, 07:14 PM

When I read your post it reminded me of my gallbladder problems 3 years ago. I would tell your Doc. sometimes even if it is gallbladder it will take more than one test to diagnose. So if the first test comes back negative but you feel the pain again go back to your Doc. until they figure it out. I had a non stop gallbladder attack for 6 months before they got it out. I've never felt that pain again. Good luck and God bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register