Scared with Fistula - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared with Fistula Scared with Fistula

Unread 05-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Scared with Fistula

Thank you all for your support,

I went to the Dr. today. The good news was that I got my catheter out. The bad news is that I started leaking again a few hours later. And now the leaking has turned to flooding. I am scheduled to have another cauterization next Thursday and if that one doesn't work, surgery 3 wks. later. I'm very upset. But I also know that I've gotten through everything else up to this point. One step at a time. Casey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2003, 06:17 PM
SO SORRY!!!

Oh Casey!!

I am sooo sorry honey!! I know you will feel better soon.. this is just a ?? from me regarding the fistula. Cauterization was never even mentioned to me as a treatment, in fact I never heard of it until it was posted by someone on the boards- has your DR done this alot before- these are very tricky to treat and you bladder is very sensative to anything invasive so I just don't want you to go thru something again that might not work.. just something to think about, like you don't have enough on your mind!!

Do you have the cath again- hopefully if you do that will stop the leaking- I had no leaking with the cath and did not even wear a diaper at all.. I hope you can get thru the day at school OK and are able to relax at home= I am praying for you every nite and just want this over for you, so your summer will be peaceful and relaxing for you ..please keep me posted and if you want to e-mail me feel free and we can chat at greater length..

Sending a big and keep the chin up!!
Unread 05-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Scared with Fistula

Karen-

This was not one of my better days. I tried calling the Dr. but he as closed and doesn't have an answering service. Then I soked through my depends and gave in and drove to the ER. It only took them 5 hrs. to decide to cath me again. So I'm home, with my bag. I am taking tomorrow off to give my body a rest. I'll stay in touch. Casey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Scared with Fistula

Oh Casey -

You poor thing!! I feel so for you honey..please take today and rest, rest and more rest!! Let me know how you are when you have a moment!!

Unread 05-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Scared with Fistula

Casey,

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you. I <as so many other sisters on this board> know too well of how you are feeling.

Hang in there Casey. That's about all you can do. PM me if you want to talk.

Renee
Unread 05-25-2003, 04:29 AM
Scared with Fistula

Hi Casey

Just wondering how you were doing and feeling. Please let me know if you have a moment

Unread 05-25-2003, 07:34 AM
Scared with Fistula

Karen- It ws a rough week. But I'm finally getting some rest over this long weekend. On Friday I took my students on an all day field trip. The trip went well but I could barely sit in my caqr to drive home because the catheter was bothering me so much. On Thursday I go in for my second fistula repair. This one is a vaginal cautrization. If itdoesn't work then I have to have open abdominal surgery on the 19th. I'm still just trying to take care of what I have to for each day. I'll let you know how it goes on Thurs. Thank you for caring. Casey
Unread 05-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Scared with Fistula

Your very welcome sister!! I know how you feel sweetie!! Keep me posted about what goes on Thursday!! The spasms at least for me were much worse when I moved around alot, whick was daily- are you taking Detrol- it might help- I also used tylenol alot and still due for the pain- it takes the edge off so to speak, but do check with your Dr. first..stay well and rest today!!
Unread 06-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Scared with Fistula

Dear Karen et. al.

My friends call me Casey Job (as in the biblical one). My latest cauterization is another chapter in the life of Job. I had the repair last Thurs. Going into the operation the DR. gave me a 50/50 chance of it working. After the surgery he said the chances of success were slim. ( Apparently the cut on the vaginal side is ragged vs. the clean cut on the bladder side.) I am scheduled to have my cath out on the 16th and the abdominal surgery to repair the fistula is scheduled for the 19th. I have been constipated, this morning I had a BM, this afternoon I started leaking again. I must have strained the cauterization. I've been very upset all weekend. I only have two more weeks of school to teach, which is fortunate. I'm trying to look at the bright side (six weeks of book reading and porch sitting) but I'm just not there yet. Thank you as always for your support. Casey
Unread 06-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Scared with Fistula

Yikes...sorry to hear you are needing another abdominal surgery.
I will be thinking of you for a FINAL repair.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register