Most embarrasing moments with Aunt Flo? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Most embarrasing moments with Aunt Flo? Most embarrasing moments with Aunt Flo?

Unread 04-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Most embarrasing moments with Aunt Flo?

I thought it might be fun, since we're going to be saying good-bye to Aunt Flo (or Tom, or Red)...

What was the most embarrassing moment Aunt Flo ever caused in your life?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2003, 02:15 PM
I'll go first....

My most embarrassing moment was the first day she arrived!

I was 13, walking upstairs from my history class with a teacher I had a HUGE crush on (Mr. Tampa...what a cutie pie!) and I had on white pants (of course)...and Aunt Flo made her grand entrance into my life!

While I was walking up the stairs and feeling like my butt felt strange, Mr. Tampa came up behind me and told me I needed to go to the nurses office.

When I got there I saw the BIG RED BLOTCH on my white pants!

Good-bye Aunt FLo...I'm getting the last laugh!

Rita
Unread 04-18-2003, 05:32 PM

My most embarrasing moment was definetly was I was 12 ( I started my period at 10) and was sitting in English class. As I got up to leave one of the guys remarked that I left a huge blood stain on my chair. I was mortified and vamoosed out of there and went home, hearing the chuckling of the class in my ear the whole way.

I've had other embarrasing moments but that one always sticks in my mind. I've stained sheets, had to send dh out in the middle of night for pads, but dh s me and once you get older I think you tend to, at least I do, roll with the punches.

Great idea for a thread fussybird!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2003, 10:34 AM

Having to go home from work because I was soaked through and through -- that's when I finally decided to do the op!

A friend of mine did it worse before her's -- she left a stain on the seat of the national concert hall!
Unread 04-23-2003, 08:21 AM
this feels like a competition...

Speaking of competition....my most embarrassing moment came when I was about 24. I was dancing in a competition, with a neon yellow outfit on, (kind of like a ballerina outfit without the tutu), making all kinds of twists and turns, big smile on my face, having a great time, with about 100 people watching. When I walked back stage one of the other dancers took me aside and told me I needed to go change before going back out. I looked in the mirror and wow! My face probably turned as red as my outfit had become. I was so embarrassed I just changed and sneaked out the back door...never even found out how I did in the contest!
Unread 04-23-2003, 08:48 AM

Great idea for a topic fussybird! Today is my one year hysterversary and what a way to commemorate the date: talk about your period!

How about being out in public (middle of the mall.. the food court). I was 16 at the time. Hanging out with a bunch of my girlfriends. We were sitting there scamming on guys .. one happen to be there that I was in love with. I was on my period of course, was wearing a pad. Also was wearing a short skirt.. not a good combo! After we had been sitting for a while looking at all the guys, it was time to stand and move on to more shopping. I stood up, my pad fell to the floor! And..the worst part of it (I can laugh about it now) was the guy I had a crush on was standing right next to me and saw the pad hit the floor! I ran out of the mall so fast it wasn't funny. Never saw my crush or spoke to him again. And it was a long time before I showed my face in the mall again.

Good riddens Aunt flo... you did nothing but make my life miserable!

Amy
Unread 04-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Most Embarassing moment with Aunt Flowwwwwww

My most embarassing moment happened just a few months ago and it is one of the reasons I am having this surgery.....

One morning just after the 15 minute warmup in my step aerobics class........ I steped into second position to take a deep breath arms out wide and.......gush........(I had just put it 2(!) supersized tampons AND a pad) Down, down my legs it went! I grabbed my sweatshirt as fast as I could, wrapped it around my waist and headed for the parking lot. It was in my shoes by the time I got to my car. That was really gross. Luckily, I happened to have a laminated road map in my car...... I sat on it as I drove home. I sped the whole way home, hoping I wouldn't get stopped my the police..... can you imagine. I had a lot of explaining to do the next day at my gym, very embarassing.
Unread 04-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh, Amy

I think you win! I'm so glad you can laugh about that now.
Unread 04-24-2003, 08:53 AM

I suppose this is a great way to introduce myself, (my first post).
My most embarrassing time was the day I started, I was in Church on Whit Sunday, dressed head to toe in white and i felt something happening during communion, luckily we got home before the blood got through, and i suppose i was lucky my mum had made me wear the dress with one of those starched built in petticoats so my skirt stayed away from me. I was 12 at the time. I have been very careful of light colours since but am looking forward to wearing white and pastel colours again instead of my normal black and dark blue. I suppose my life will be brighter all round.

Helen

P.s. Nice to meet you all and a big to all of you for all the help and great advice I've found since finding this great site.
Unread 04-26-2003, 08:24 AM

Amy, I agree, you win!!!!!!!!
Mine is gross, and the reason I decided to get the hysterectomy...I was in front of my class and, after 2 tampons in and a huge pad felt...drip, drip. luckily the kids did not notice. I had to get the teacher next door cover for me...Ahhhhhhhhh...It was like a faucet was turned on...
Maggie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register