I'm a mess! .....update - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a mess! .....update I'm a mess! .....update

Unread 04-20-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

{{{pasdechat}}}
It's good to hear from you. I'm glad that you were able to get some help in the ER. Perhaps the test will provide some answers as to why you're having this problem and than the docs can get you fixed up.

The chicken and mashed potatoes sound yummy! Keep us posted sweetie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 12:43 PM
(((((Pasdechat)))))

I just read your thread.....I'm so glad you went to the ER - you have been through so much....

I want you to know I'm thinking of you and will be looking for updates to your thread.

Lori
Unread 04-20-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm a mess! .....update

I'm not familiar with what you are going thru w/your esophagus but did think I would mention an episde I had. It felt like a knife in my esophagust the pain was so sharp. And when I swallowed that knife was slicing the entire length of it. Not only did I not want to swallow I didn't even want to breathe or move!

Luckily it was my gastro's day for procedures at the hospital and when her office staff told me to double my Aciphex I just went to ER. My gastro squeezed me in as an add-on and did an endoscopy and darned if I didn't have a yeast infection in my esophogus!! Who woulda thought those psychedelic furry looking little beasties could cause so much pain??!!! Fortunately, Diflucan rather quickly did a number on them.

Whatever, I wish you relief quickly. Good luck and God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm a mess! .....update

I had forgotten that. I had one whopper of a yeast infection after my last surgery. Felt like I couldn't swallow, something was in my throat, pain on swallowing, etc. It's a thought. Sure would be a simple explanation.

I'm hoping pasdechat has a yeast infection!! It's lots easier to get rid of than a lot of other things are!!
Unread 04-20-2003, 07:11 PM
I'm a mess! .....update

(((((pasdechat)))))) I'm so happy your trip to the ER brought along some answers and, hopefully, the tests will shed some on the cause of the problems. This liquid Vicodin sounds like an answer to your ers. I bet that chicken tasted pretty good

You're still in my ers sweetie. Please keep us posted.
Unread 04-20-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm a mess! .....update

Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts. I was actually feeling better today and went for it and ate some "real" food and I am feeling the spasms again! Hopefully I can get in tomorrow or Tuesday for the esophagram.

I never thought of a yeast infection! It will be interesting to see what the doctor finds out. I will for sure let you all know

Unread 04-21-2003, 07:18 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

Oh, my dear, when you find something that is working, don't just go leaping to the next level!! Be happy you can get some liquids and soft foods down! They're real!!! And get creative with your blender! (How about this: Milk or yogurt, vanilla, frozen fruit, ripe banana and honey or other swettener IF needed, blended well.) Oh my. Tie this woman down!

I'm very interested to hear what your tests show.
Unread 04-21-2003, 07:23 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

{{{pasdechat}}}
I'm sorry you're having so much discomfort. Please give the doctor a call first thing and get the test scheduled. In the meantime stick to the foods you know don't hurt. I know it's hard, I myself am very restricted on what I can eat, but it's worth it in the end.
Unread 04-21-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

The hardest part for me on these liquid or soft diets is that most everything "allowed" is sweet. I can get overly "sweetened" very fast and tend to eventually get nauseous at the thought of another sweet thing so end up going to just water.

I've often thought of putting some mashed potatoes, a little bit of gravy and maybe a little bit of a pork chop in the blender and trying that. But haven't done so yet. Has anyone tried something like this? (This would be for something like a stricture rather than a rich food or spice or hard to digest type of "thingie").
Unread 04-21-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

I don't like pureed meat, except maybe for fine liverwurst, but I puree a lot of other things. Yellow squash is great pureed, as are mashed potatoes - you can put extra 'stuff' in them like butter, milk, sour cream, cheese, etc. I also make vegetable soup and puree it - VERY good. Lentils are good pureed with a little Umeboshi vinegar. . . . I'm thinking . . . I've had lots of experience here . . . squash soup or carrot soup pureed are easy to make and filling. Garlic soup is not only good but good for you. I recently had a squash and apple soup that was great. Almost any soup can be pureed and taste good. Oh yeah, and pureed caulifower with melted cheese on top - yummmm. Chicken broth is my best friend for thinning things down if they need to be thinned.

I'm out of off-the-top of my head ideas, but you get the picture.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register