I'm a mess! .....update - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a mess! .....update I'm a mess! .....update

Unread 04-21-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

THANKS! I'm not very "domesticated" so the tips are appreciated! Especially the cauliflower & melted cheese! My fave veggies are cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, celery (I throw that in most everything I do cook), spinach, lima and butter beans. And mashed taters and gravy are to "die" for!

Of course, so is a good ceasar salad on occasion which I have to be VERY careful of. Sigh. Since I have a partial obstruction at my Crohn's resection salads are supposed to be a no-no. And usually are tho I haven't gotten into any "serious" trouble when I've eaten them. Still, the caesar salad is a once or twice a year "treat" for which I may or may not pay big time for. Sigh.

Oh! Almost forgot zucchini w/oregano, salt, pepper and a little egg! Just never thought of pureeing this stuff in a blender! Hot dang! You've added a wonderful new dimension to my diet when I need to go on the "soft stuff". BLESS YOU!

(No, I won't try pureeing a caesar salad). Just 'cause I "like" the "crunchies" of raw veggies .... why do we always crave the "forbidden"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

Well, the GI clinic actually called this morning They scheduled me for Wednesday afternoon. I couldn't go today because I already had a slim fast shake and I can't eat for 6 hours before and there weren't any openings for tomorrow, which is fine anyway because I wanted to be at the hospital where my aunt is having surgery that day. So, Wednesday is the big day where I get to drink that yummy stuff and find out what they see.....if they see anything! I'll let you know how it goes!
Unread 04-21-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

Sending lots of best wishes to yu, pasdechat!!! Hope you get some definitive answers and that they are answers easily remedied! Thanks for keeping us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm a mess! .....update

((((pasdechat)))))) Wednesday's not too long of a wait. Hopefully the test will reveal what's causing all of your problem. You're in my thoughts and ers girl.

Unread 04-22-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

pasdechat,
I'm glad that they could get you in quickly. I'll be ing for answers for you.

In regards to blending foods, my godmother always had to blend her food. I don't know what exactly her problem was but I do remember that she would eat exactly the same thing she fixed for everyone else except she ran hers thru the blender. Meat, green beans, potatoes, etc. I don't know how it tasted but she seemed to enjoy it.
Unread 04-22-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm a mess! .....update

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Hopefully I'll get some answers as to why I am in so much pain. My esophagus is still spasming with everything I eat! It's been 1 1/2 weeks! I hope they find something that is an easy fix. Thanks everyone for the food ideas.

I'll update you tomorrow evening
Unread 04-23-2003, 05:32 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

Well, if you pureed everything separately, I can see that working out. It would all taste the same, just no chewing fun. Big problem for me is I enjoy eating, just don't enjoy the cooking and or preparation. "Domestication" was never my "bag". Suzy Housewife, I'm not. Give me the great outdoors anyday!

But to puree it all together? Doesn't sound quite so tastey. I mean, I like tomato juice and I like all the other veggies whose juice is in V-8 - but I detest the taste of V-8! Yech!

Anyway - pasdechat: will be thinking of you and waiting to hear some GOOD news w/all fingers, etc. crossed for you and LOTS of prayers!
Unread 04-23-2003, 06:21 AM
I'm a mess! .....update

Hope you come home with an answer, pasdechat!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register