Where do I go for help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Where do I go for help? Where do I go for help?

Unread 04-20-2003, 07:23 AM
Where do I go for help?

Hi everyone,

I am 7 months post-op today and it feel like I never had
surgery. I have been in constant pain for 1 year. I feel
like a cheese grater, with all the sticking and pulling I am
feeling. After surgery my incision opened up and got
infected. My doctor said it was just healing. Now the incision
hurts really bad. After my 6 week check-up I told my gyn
surgeon what was happening and he said there was
nothing that he could do. He's all finished with me. Check in
with my primary. Well I did just that. All she was concerned
about was my blood pressure. Now that it is under control
she still won't help me. She did send me for an MRI. All my
other organs are perfectly normal. She tells me to make an
appointment with my gyn surgeon to see what he says. I
an so tired of being on pain pills. I want refief. I want to
find out what is wrong. I say to myself what's the use in
living if my life is going to be constant pain. Does anyone
have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Thank
you, and I'm sorry for this being so long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 07:55 AM
Where do I go for help?

I really have no advice since I too am living on pain pills and am so sick of it, but can not live with all of the pain right now.

I just wanted to send you a gentle . As far as your post being long, heck, sometimes I feel like I am writing a book!! The more info the better we can try to help...

I that the Gyn surgeon will do something about your pain and the incision. I have never had an inscision so I can not relate to the pain, but I am sure the others with incisions will be by soon.....

Take care and let us know what the Gyn says!!
Unread 04-20-2003, 10:50 AM
LadyD..........

I'm sorry that you are still dealing with pain on a daily basis and that your Dr doesnt seem to be listening. I went through the same type of thing and all anyone wanted to do was hand out pain meds. While I did NEED the pain meds, I tired of taking them and of having to explain my reasons for taking them to other Dr's and got tired of the "looks" I got when I would get them filled.

I also had alot of pain associated with a bikini incision I'd had done in December of last year and complained tirelessly about it.......finally my surgeon listened to me and we did an incision revision procedure (along with other things) and now that incision pain is gone. Although it hasn't been confirmed by my surgeon yet, I feel quite sure that I had a nerve entrapped within the incision. This could be your problem as well. If your Dr isn't willing to explore this possibility, ask him to refer you to somene who will. Insurance will usually pay for an incision revision as long as it is medically founded and in your case it sounds like it is.

I wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Where do I go for help?

((((Deb)))))) I'm so sorry you've been in pain for the past year I do not know what could be causing this pain but I think that you should keep trying to get to the bottom of this.

Since neither your gyn surgeon nor your primary doctor seem to be taking this seriously, I suggest getting a second opinion... well, in reality, it would be a third opinion. I'm thinking that consulting another gyn surgeon might prove the best option for you and mights bring you the relief you so badly need.

Sending tons of s your way and hoping that you feel better real soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register