ladies who have been diagnosed with ovarian | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ladies who have been diagnosed with ovarian ladies who have been diagnosed with ovarian

Unread 04-20-2003, 02:03 PM
ladies who have been diagnosed with ovarian

dear ladies.

i know im a pain but if the ladies out there who have been diagnosed with ovariancancer can share with me their before surgery info. such as ca 125 count...did your docs indicated to you in any way if they thought you had ovarian cancer.

sorry but i have been obsessing and panicing all day.

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 02:50 PM

s Maria

I see you live in Hamilton NJ. Is that north or south? I live in Pitman NJ. What hospital and doc are you using?
I am sorry you are having such a nerve wracking time. Remember, your ca 125 is really low normal. Which probably bodes really well for you that this is all benign stuff going on.
Have you been to the pre op and post op forums so that you know what to expect for surgery and recovery?
Try and relax these next two days and enjoy this beautiful spring.
You might also ask your doc for an antianxiety pill like ativan.
I am thinking of you.
My ca 125 was in the 900's. And my masses were 12 cms.

karenann
Unread 04-20-2003, 03:55 PM

Maria
I see you are having a gyne-oncologist as your surgeon. They are the most qualified for this kind of surgery. I also had a gyne-onc. Although he was less personable than my regular gyne, I'm glad I had him do the surgery. I had a 6 cm complex cyst with demarcation. My CA 125 was 112.

No one can tell you if your cyst is cancerous without a biopsy. Your only job now is to wait. This is harder than the surgery. Keep in mind you have the best physician for the job and a low ca 125 count.

Karenann is right. Read all you can on the pre and post op board to prepare yourself for the surgey. Then be good to yourself. Take relaxing baths and read, do hobbies, what ever calms you and keeps your mind off Wed.

We are pulling for you.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Pre Op and Post Op Forums and Assurance

You have a gyn/onc which is the top notch and best to have if there's a suspicion of cancer--but with that terrific CA125 it's likely benign--that's very low. I agree--read pre op and post op to get some ideas and realize you're not along in being nervous and worried. My CA125 pre surgery was 161. Uner 35 is considered normal.
Unread 04-21-2003, 07:07 AM
One more thing.

If you do a search, you can read my posts.

Sorry this is a short response.

Maria, good luck. I will be thinking about you.
Unread 04-21-2003, 07:29 PM

Mine was 161 before surgery and 17 after surgery.

The waiting is hard. But try not to freak yourself out too much. Given the size of my tumors and the presence of ascites, we all pretty much knew that it was cancer before they went in. But they don't know that it's cancer for you, which is a good sign.

Try to be calm and to pray, and to prepare yourself for any situation that might arise. It really sounds like you have a benign condition going on. But there's just no way to know until they do the surgery. If it is not benign, it is very likely that what you have was caught much earlier than most of our stuff has been caught.

We will be thinking of you on Wednesday! s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register