nervous nellie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nervous nellie nervous nellie

Unread 04-20-2003, 07:36 PM
nervous nellie

(((((ladies)))))

This site has been so helpful to me and so glad I found it. I just have a quick question. I had a TAH/BSO last Nov. 2002. I had problems for the last year with irregular bleeding. We tried the medroxyprogestern to regulate and finally in Oct did the biopsy in the office. Thats when the Dr found polyps and set up a D and C. The D and C showed that I had hyperplasia with atypia cells (which is not C yet). I had the hysterectomy one week later. The path report showed the the cells were contained to the uterus and that the "wash" came back clean. So further treatment was needed. But this is my question. Do you ever get over the thought that they might not of got it all? And that every little back ache or pain is not C? I am 5 months post and can make myself almost sick thinking about it. Just wondered if these thoughts will leave? God Bless You All.......

Nise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 07:46 PM
nervous nellie

Sorry when I reread my post I made an error.....I DID NOT need any further treatment and when I got my path report I was not staged....it just read Hyperplasia with Atypia

Thanks agin Nise
Unread 04-20-2003, 07:48 PM
We All Think That

In your case, I suspect that as you continue to get good checkups they will lessen and eventually fade almost out except around exam time. It's so typical to wonder and be nervous at this stage! I'm going nuts already with an odd thing going on and my bloodwork tomorrow and Dr. 4/28. If it gets to the point where that's all you think about and worry about, then I'd see someone about it. I've seen a therapist for over a year. Just keep saying, contained, canned, no cancer. It's called cancerhead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2003, 08:06 PM
nervous nellie

Hi Nise,

My path report after my hyst showed CIS (just barely cancer with no invasion) and I needed no further treatment also. I needed paps every 3 months and I would start getting tense a couple of weeks before and it would last until I knew it was OK. I mean really tense. I would actually avoid making "fun" plans for the 2 wk period after my pap in anticipation of getting bad news and "falling apart".

I'm now at 2 yrs and it is much better. I still get apprehensive waiting for results, but it doesn't run my life anymore.

Unread 04-21-2003, 12:07 PM
nervous nellie

I am about 8 months post op for endometrial cancer, stage 1a...I didn't need any further treatment either...my lymph and everything were clean...I still get the dreaded cancer head....I hate it....I have a cold right now and a cough..no fever, just have cold/allergy symptoms..well of course I am thinking this must be something else....do I have lung cancer now....When you look at it intellectually you know you are being silly, but the emotional side of this can take over your life. I think part of the problem is that I go for my 3 month check up in a couple weeks and I also get very apprehensive and overly sensitive about everything right before the appt. My gyn assured me this will get better....and that with a stage 1a a recurrence is unlikely....but it still gets to me....I know just how you feel. Chris
Unread 04-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Me too

I had DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) diagnosis last November. Very, very, very early breast cancer. Lumpectomy, radiation, Tamoxifen for five years. Really nothing to worry about. But occasionally, cancerhead strikes. But mostly I'm OK.

Except may have it on the other side. Mammo Wednesday. Consult with surgeon next Monday re whether to biopsy now or continue to wait and watch in semi-annual mammos.

Mary D.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register