Postponed again... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Postponed again... Postponed again...

Unread 04-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Postponed again...

My gynecologist called today and left a message that I have been postponed again due to the ongoing SARs epidemic here in Toronto.

There are no transfers allowed to other hospitals in the area. No Toronto hospitals are doing elective surgery at all, according to my doctor. So far provincial health insurance isn't sending people to the States for surgery. So it is just a matter of waiting. I hate it.

One guy with a heart problem died today because of the shutdown on surgery. One woman I know can't get her broken arm set (compound fracture). Another can't get cancer surgery.

I am just venting. This thing is getting worse rather than better, but the hospitals will have to come up with a solution soon or the fall-out from delay will be disastrous for many.

Thank you for allowing me to let off steam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 08:48 PM
SARS delay

Liatris

Just want you to know you are in my prayers. Henri
Unread 04-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Postponed again...

Sounds to me like the Hospital Administrators and such are making a poor choice. I understand some surgeries could be put on hold. And I feel for you having to wait again for this. But life-saving surgeries such as that gentleman you spoke of, is just plain stupid!

Sending my best wishes!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Postponed again...

{{{{{Lia}}}}}}} I am so sorry hun. This is awful. I sure hope they find a solution soon before things get really out of hand. I pray you will not have to wait too much longer before you can have your surgery. Keep visiting us in the chat room and on the boards for lots of s and support!

Emily
Unread 04-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Postponed again...

Hi dryals,

Do you know if you can have your surgery somewhere else? Like Kingston, for example? I know it's for your own protection that you don't have surgery in Toronto right now. Especially now that it seems to be spreading faster than they thought it would. But I've wondered if somewhere else in the province would take you, or even in another province if things got to the point where it wasn't OK to wait any longer.

Joselle
Unread 04-21-2003, 11:40 PM
HI Lia

Sorry Lia to hear your surgery has been postponed..Did you ask maybe to go to another area..I am a couple hours away from you and I was booked for surgery but cancelled my surgery for May..I know they are not allowing ANY visitors in the hospitals locally but I was there this past Wed for day surgery which was booked within a week after seeing my gyn..Thought maybe the Drs may start transfering people to other areas for treatment so they will not run into problems..They are really having a hard time getting this under control here..Well maybe they will do something to prevent this from happening again to someone else..Wish you luck Lia..
Unread 04-22-2003, 04:32 AM
Postponed again...

As far as I have heard on the media, the Ministry of Health is not allowing transfers to another hospital. I don't know if this means that other hospitals aren't accepting patients from elsewhere.

For me it would create logistical problems since only one person in the family has a car. Somehow I can't see having a hysterectomy in Kingston or Windsor and coming back to Toronto by train 4 days later. Ouchie, ouchie, ouchie. I don't even know if I could cope with a 5 hour car ride! It is however something I will explore with my doctor next time I talk with him.

Thanks for your kind words of support.

:eyes:
Unread 04-22-2003, 05:39 AM
I am sorry

Liatris I am also from Ontario and realize how the Sars is affecting us all. I have to be seen by a nurse daily and have my temperature taken before I can even enter my workplace. I know that my girlfriend who has breast cancer had her surgery still during Sars as she is deemed life threatening. Most hospitals are still doing emergency surgeries. SARS is affecting our lives that is for sure. But I think they really have to, it is becoming a way bigger problem than they ever expected.

I hope that you can have your surgery soon. The waiting is tough enough without having to go through what you are.

Take care

Katie
Unread 04-22-2003, 05:52 AM
the delay

Hang in there Lia! Although I do know what it is like to wait! My thoughts are with you. its hard to understand< but ultimately it will benefit you

take care and keep busy!
Unread 04-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Liatris52

So sorry you have been postponed again. I was originally postponed from April 7, but am now re-scheduled for May 5 - 3:00 pm what a horrible time of day. I am not complaining though, I guess I should feel lucky that It's going to happen so soon with everything that's been going on. I will be having my surgery at Southlake Regional in Newmarket. What hospital are you going to? I might even get in sooner (big might) if one of the c-sections booked should happen to deliver earlier than scheduled.
I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything, just pack my bag and be ready for anything at this point. Don't know, maybe I'll be postponed again too. Keep your chin up and try to smile. Things have to get better in the Toronto hospitals soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register