cervical cancer stage 2 also to lymph glands | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervical cancer stage 2 also to lymph glands cervical cancer stage 2 also to lymph glands

Unread 04-24-2003, 01:20 PM
cervical cancer stage 2 also to lymph glands

Hi I just had total hyster..and glands rmoved with many complications 8th april have cancer that is infiltrate and out of the uterous and in the lymph glands have to start treatment next month... however no one is telling me much on this and and makes me frustrated alot .. my husband does rescearch and driving me crazy saying i am not to eat sugar or protien foods as this will increase the bad cells???????? Can anyone tell me the success rate of all this?????? and also to the operation and treatment rates??? please help My hubby driving me on acrash course Diet!!!!!!!!!! and Doctors not saying anything!!!!
The cancer was also Bulky.... love to you all glad i found you all Vilasini
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Keep your spirits up!

Were the results you got from your pathology report? What kind of treatments will you start?
There are people who stay away from red meat, and sugar, and lots of other things - There is a book called The Anti-Cancer Diet - macrobiotic - it is a different way of eating. You may want to research it, which you can on line. I know my DH went a little nuts at first, but calmed down when he realized that I took this diagnosis just a seriously...wish I could be more help.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

gucu

TAH/BSO 3/7, Stage III, endometrial cancer, started radiation yesteday - 26 more sessions to go!
Unread 04-24-2003, 04:30 PM

Hang in there. The American Cancer site has a lot if info that helped me after my diagnosis.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/lrn/lrn_0.asp
There are so many treatments and different things work for different people. Can you ask your Doctor to go over the pathology report with you. Once you have a plan it is a bit easier.

Has the doctor said anything about chemo or radiation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2003, 04:51 AM
Thanks more questions

Yes I have to start radiation treament next month as i still healing from the total hysterectomy only from 2 weeks agoe,
I am already vegatarian fro many years but I love the sweets!!
But I am doing what i can to limit everything to how hubby wants..he is more stressed out then me... it was a total shock to us both.... Just need to have strength to get over this all but every now and then i feel tired out and have no energy to augue with the body........
I am not negative but i am having to deal with my own mind as well as hubbys ..... how did you all deal with it???
What is the success rate of all this treatment for the sqamous cell type in the lymph nodes??? and Bulky.......
how did you all cope with the situation????
Love to you all Vilasini
Unread 04-25-2003, 09:45 AM

Vilasini,

Sorry to hear that you are going through all this. My cancer was at an earlier stage than yours, but the way I got through it was just one day at a time! I know that waiting for treatment is very hard, but hang in there! There are many strong women here who have been though lots more than I have, and I get strength from them as well. I'm keeping you in my thoughts! Good luck.

Beth
Unread 04-27-2003, 03:51 PM
Vilasini,

Try to relax, I know that is hard. Radiation, isn't that bad, I had six weeks of it, everyday, Monday - Friday. It was external. It was like having a x-ray, on every side of your body. Since I have cervical cancer also, I got it from the front, from the side, the bottom, then the other side. The only side effects I had was the diarehhea (sp?) and some bladder problems, but I think the bladder problems originally stemmed from my radical hyst.

I am now undergoing chemo treatments, which aren't that bad also. There are alot of medications out there, if you have any kind of side effects or problems, just talk to your dr. I hope you have an gyn/onc, they are the best. He can prescribe all kinds of things to make you feel much much better.

I know about the DH stuff, although mine is a BF. Sometimes, he gets in some type of mood about my illness, but he gets over it. My dr, always says, it's up to us women, to talk to them and get them to understand and talk about their feelings. It isn't easy though is it.

Anyway, 's and ers to you.
Unread 04-27-2003, 06:39 PM

Hi

I know that this is easier said than done but please try and relax a little and ask your husband to stay off the internet looking for answers.

When I was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer I was constantly reading articles from all different sources and they were making me nuts. If I believed what some of those results said, I should have been gone already.

MY oncologist gave me the best advice. Let her do all the worrying and the handling of everything and if I had any questions to ask only her.

After I finished my chemo, I did go see a nutritionist like my oncologist suggested. She gave me lots of hints on how to eat right and supplements to take. However, while on chemo I was NOT allowed to take any herbal remidies or vitamins. Please check with you Doctor before taking anything.

Good luck to you. Take deep breaths and one day at a time.

Rosalie
Unread 04-27-2003, 09:07 PM

Dear Vilasini,

I think doctor opinions on diet vary greatly. Very few doctors are trained in the ways food affects our bodies. They are schooled in traditional medicine and techniques. Which means it's up to us to do our own research into ways that we can sustain our health. To my mind, people will come to different conclusions based on the research they do.

After surgery, I began a very healthy diet that included lots of fresh vegetable and fruit juices, noni juice, maitake mushroom with D-fraction, vitamin supplements, mostly vegetarian foods, no dairy products and little or no sugar.

Now that I am undergoing chemo, I find myself eating macaroni and cheese, tapioca pudding, potato chips with onion dip, and lots of other processed foods. While I crave a salad, I've been advised to forego raw foods for the time being. So . . . since everything tastes like metal and/or wood, I'm eating junk and/or anything super salty.

When chemo is done, I will definitely re-embark on a new eating plan. Minimizing dairy and processed sweets will be important, though I don't plan to cut out fruit. There are many wonderful things in macrobiotic cookbooks that interest me, so I've been learning about them as well. And I will start re-taking some of my "tumor inhibition supplements" once I'm off chemo. For now, it's more important that I eat *something*.

There are many wonderful books around that will help you make the right kinds of decisions for yourself. Three are: "A Macrobiotic Approach to Cancer," "Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods" and "A Cancer Battle Plan." I somehow think that reading a lot of books and talking to an *experienced* nutritionist (ask your local health food store for recommendations) will help me find the plan that's best for me.

I overloaded myself with information before and after surgery. Educating yourself is always a good thing. I know your husband is just trying to help you because he loves and adores you. It's just his way of participating. My friend *had* to cut all my hair off. It was the only thing she felt she could do. So I let her.

Welcome to HysterSisters! I know you will find a lot of support here as you go through your treatment! :-)

s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register