I have joined the club - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have joined the club I have joined the club

Unread 04-29-2003, 02:38 PM
I have joined the club

Hi - was just browsing and happened to read your threads and I hope you can answer a question I have. I have a cyst in my breast which was found via ultrasound and diagnostic mammogram last year. Went back in for my normal yearly mammo and they are sending me back to the cancer center for the ultrasound and diag mammo again tomorrow morning. They said something about "calcification". What does that mean?? I was going to hold off on this until after my hyst Friday but my dr called me at work and said to schedule it now. (shouldn't one body part at a time be the limit???!!!) Anyway, just wondering if anybody can answer. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 08:06 PM
I have joined the club

Hi, LouWho! I'm sure Mary will jump in here and reply when she sees your note. I have microcalcifications in outer quadrant of my right breast. They did a diagnostic mammagram the day after I was told I had to have surgery to have a pelvic mass removed on my left side, plus a TAH. If they decided to do something about my breast--remove the calcifications--I wanted it done at the same time as my pelvic operation, if possible. As it turned out, the calcifications are borderline and the doctor decided to wait six months and check again. Most calcifications are benign, however some can be malignant. Mary can tell you much more about it than me. So...Friday's the big day, huh! Your waiting is almost over!! I wish you the best!!
Unread 04-30-2003, 09:29 AM
I have joined the club

Hi all - Just got back from my diag mammo and the dr also did an ultrasound. Said I have microcalcifications in my left breast and they want to do a biopsy. They wanted me to walk down the hall with them to get the paperwork from the surgeon and schedule a date, but I just wanted to get the heck outta there. I am on emotional overload with my hyst on Friday and I broke down and sobbed like a baby. I am with my dear SO now and he is such a comfort. I feel much better. Mary, thanks again for the info and thank you all for your kind thoughts and I'll keep you posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register