going along just fine,and wham hit with overwhelming fatique | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going along just fine,and wham hit with overwhelming fatique going along just fine,and wham hit with overwhelming fatique

Unread 04-25-2003, 03:27 PM
going along just fine,and wham hit with overwhelming fatique

Hi girls, Just curious if any of you gals out there have had a day where finally you think you are going to be just fine,and then wham you are hit with overwhelming fatique?
Just lately I have been struggling with lack of energy,but today I seemed to be doing quite a bit better until wham I feel like a wrung out wash cloth.
I do remember reading some other post,and I believe it was a reply by Zesty. Anyway,she was saying how she is 14months post op,and you have to give yourself time to recover from this type of surgery from ups and downs,fluctuations in your hormones.
It wasn't even a reply to one of my threads,but after reading it,it made me feel a little bit better. I'm 8 months post op,and I guess I feel like I should be 100 percent,and that isn't ness, so.
Does anyone else out there have any imput on this. What ever advice you can give,I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou Barbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2003, 07:23 PM

Hi Barbie--

My doc told me it could take 6 months to a year to recover from this surgery, and she was right! I am almost a year out since my surgery and feeling better all the time, but I do still have days where I am just TIRED. Those days have become less and less, however, in the last few months. I'd think the fatigue is just the way your body tells you to slow down and rest.

Since you posted here in the Hormone Jungle, I'm wondering if you are on any kind of HRT? Hormone replacement can make a big difference as we journey forward in life after hysterectomy.
Unread 04-25-2003, 10:04 PM

Hi Barbie, You are not alone on this. I too will be going along just fine then I feel like someone pulled the rug out from under my feet. I am about 3 1/2 years post-op, I guess it just comes along with the surgery. It does not happen as often as it use to but somedays I try to tackle to much and then WHAM I am down for the count. I guess I just need to learn to pace myself better. Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2003, 12:37 PM
fatigue

I'm going on my 7th week post op and have had to take naps this past week. I didn't take naps before this but since I only started taking HRT the heat flashes and night sweats have me up every 2 hours like clock work. I go back to work Monday and sure hope I can sleep Sunday night.
Unread 04-26-2003, 06:29 PM
may need testosterone

This exact thing happened to me at 6 months post op, my doctor gave me estratest 3 times a week and it took care of it totally.
Unread 04-27-2003, 07:59 AM

I was 6 months post op this last week and also have been dealing with tiredness like I have never felt in my life for about three months. I really need to go to my doctor and have "something" checked. I can easily sleep for over 12 hours a day if not at work. When at work my head starts nodding about 2 hours after I get there and continues all day until I come home. I truly hope this does get better, don't know how much longer I can take it. At this point, I don't have much of a life and look for reasons not to go anywhere or do anything so I can SLEEP! Hope someone comes up with something for us "Rip-Van-Winkles"
Unread 04-27-2003, 11:32 AM

One of the things that seemed to help me tremendously was to start taking vitamins!
I take a good daily multi-vitamin along with calcium.
Also very important to have a good diet and not over do things.
I am almost 1 year post op, and had a car accident that kept me down for about 7 months, but now am doing much better and I feel that these other things that I have mentioned as well as my present HRT is doing well.
Hope this helps some!
Janet
Unread 04-27-2003, 01:16 PM
worn out at times

I am 7 months post op next week. I still have days when I just can't move--so tired I ache all over. But, there are days when I am fine and not tired. I have done alot in the 7 months since surgery, but I feel so good most of the time that when I get the "so tired can't move an inch" I feel like I am back at squared one. I am on both thyroid (Synthroid .05) and HRT (Premarin .625)
and my Thyroid levels have been fine. But, again I am reminded by everyone..."give yourself a full yr to recover". I guess I am slowly learning that.
Unread 04-27-2003, 05:30 PM

HI there, Thankyou so much for all of your replys to my post. It really does help tremendously to know that I am not alone. I am 8 months post op,and I really do get discouraged. I keep thinking that something is wrong with my hormone levels,but I don't have any hot flashes,or breast tenderness,just terrible fatique.
After reading all of the replys I just have to tell myself that it is going to take timeand not to get so discouraged.
I do take a mult-vitamin,and exercise when I have enough energy,but its unbelievable how some of you sisters descibe how tired you feel,and thats exactly the way I am.
I have those mornings when I feel like I can't even move. Its a struggle sometimes to put one foot in front of the other.
And never before that I can remember before I had the surgery was I ever that tired.
Anyway, thankyou again for all of your replys,it makes me feel so much less discouraged. Take care,Barbie
Unread 04-28-2003, 06:56 AM

thank you all, wow, i am only 6 weeks post op and the last three days have been horrible with fatigue, i did not know if i was having a relapse or what here. but i keep asking if anyone got the number of the mac truck that hit me 3 days ago!!
i had bouts of this during recovery, but i am way past that or so i thought!
i was to return to work today and so glad my dr felt another week off would not hurt me, especially since my healing process was kind of slow.
i am taking the estrotest and thought maybe that was causing this overwhelming fatigue??? it did help my crying and nite sweats, but now i have this other issue! please tell me this too will subside! soon???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register