Colonoscopy results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Colonoscopy results Colonoscopy results

Unread 04-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Colonoscopy results

Sisters,
I had my colonoscopy this morning and I'm clean (yea!!!). Cancerhead wasted my time again. There wasn't even one polyp. The prep wasn't to bad, but the liquid made me a little nauseous. The worst part was the IV. Those hurt like ****. The DR even sent me home with four color pictures of the inside of my colon.

Next time I have a procedure coming up, I need to remember this when the cancerhead starts up. Mentally I know not to worry, but emotionally fear justs takes over.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.
Love you all,
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Colonoscopy results

Yay Laura! Hang those pics on your fridge!
Unread 04-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Colonoscopy results

As a nurse, I regularly work in an Endoscopy unit where I help pre-op and recover patients for their upper and lower endoscopies (EGD & Colonoscopy). Just wanted to say that I have seen my fair share of colon cancer in men and women under the age of 40. I also work in a Radiation Oncologist office and see those undergoing radiation. The prep is bad, the IV isn't fun but to be honest, it's a whole lot better than weeks of chemo or radiation or even the alternative of death. NO ONE should die of colon cancer!! There are tests available for early diagnosis if patients would just ask!! I too have had my colonoscopy as well as my mammograms and PAP smears. I regularly have an EKG, my teeth cleaned, eyes checked, etc. I don't mean to be on a soap box, but the saddest thing I see is those who neglected a symptom or could have avoided a problem if they would have only saught out assistance. Getting over the "fear" is a lot easier than dying!!

Sherry
Hystx with Burch (bladder tie up), kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Colonoscopy results

s Laura

So glad to hear your colon looks as good as my own!!! I didn't get any pictures to bring home though.
Hope you have some cute picture frames waiting!

karenann
Unread 04-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Colonoscopy results

the pics make great christmas cards!!!
Unread 04-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Colonoscopy results

Great news on the clean report. A very good friend of mine is 34 yoa and was just diagnosed with colon cancer. He had stomach pains for a few months and then had blood in his stool. The night he went to the hospital for a CAT scan.....his wife went into labor and had their first child (boy). Coincidentally, it was when I was in the hospital for my hysterectomy. He had surgery about 4 weeks ago and unfortunately 4 of his lymph nodes had cancer. He is now doing chemo.

I am pretty freaked out about it because he is the 3rd friend of mine that grew up with me in the same neighborhood that has had cancer in the past few years. (Best girlfriend had stomach cancer at 34yoa; another friend had colon cancer at 34yoa).

I intend to get a colonoscopy in the next few months. Thank you for an important message!! JillSue
Unread 04-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Great news!

Laura,
I am so glad for you!! I know you are relieved, so have a great weekend!!
Rhonda
Unread 04-26-2003, 02:59 AM
Colonoscopy results

That's excellent news! It can't have been fun at the time but piece of mind is so important.

But I'm not convinced about using the pics as Christmas cards!

Lydia
Unread 04-26-2003, 03:08 AM
Colonoscopy results

Congratulations Laura ! I am so pleased for you.
I have had 13 external radiation treatments on the trial and so far so good... 7 to go .
Best Wishes Maggie .
Unread 04-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Colonoscopy results

Glad all was clear Laura

Go out and celebrate

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register