b9? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2003, 06:06 PM
b9?

hi just got home from hospital today. surgean has told me over and over b9 nothing there. but im still worried because he said you stillhave to wait for the fina report and he said i had a little fluid in the belly when he operated for ovarian cysts

when does piece of mind ever come?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Wait Until Pathology Comes In

That's the final report. When you get a clean bill of health, you'll relax. The pathology report will be very complete and examine everything taken out. Ellen
Unread 04-25-2003, 07:02 PM
b9?

Hi Maria!

I'm glad you're home and your that your dr thinks everything looks good. Hopefully it won't be long before you get the word on the path report. I know how hard it is to keep the anxiety at bay.

Take good care of yourself...lots of rest! Let us know when you get the good word.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2003, 07:05 PM
You're home!

Welcome home, Maria. Happy you're back. Your doctor tells you -- B9. I would say it must be. Just waiting for report to confirm it. But of course you're still anxious.

Similar happened to me. After lumpectomy, surgeon told me I would not need chemo -- but he wanted me to see hematology oncologist to confirm it. She did -- no chemo.

You should be fine. Relax and recuperate. It's my turn to wait and wonder. Mammo last Wednesday. Now waiting until Monday to talk to doctor about it.

Mary D.
Unread 04-25-2003, 07:19 PM
b9?

s Maria

Welcome home!! That was quick. It certainly sounds like everything is turning out just fine. Try and relax and continue to recover. And of course check back with us when you get the final word. I had a feeling you were going to be just fine........

karenann
Unread 04-26-2003, 05:36 AM
b9?

Welcome home, Maria.

While you wait (just as impatiently as we all do), be sure to , water and take care of yourself.

I'm pretty sure your DR wouldn't have told you it all looked benign if he/she didn't believe it. But everyone is right, you need to wait for the finally path report. Be sure to get a copy of the report and look up every word in a medical dictionary on line (HysterSisters has a link to some really good ones). I found doing my own research helped the path report "take".

Be sure to post when you get the final results.
s,
Laura
Unread 04-26-2003, 05:57 AM
final report

Hey Macc

I found out on 4/1 that my right ovary was huge. On 4/3 I had the large vertical incision with tah bso and pelvic washing. They were going to check the lymph nodes if it looked like at that time it was cancer. My dr was pretty sure it was not cancer at the time so I guess lymph nodes were not checked. At my 1 week check up, I was told that they tumor had 1 spot that was just beginning to turn into ovarian cancer. She says they got it all and I don't have to have any treatments or anything. I am going as soon as I am able to take that long walk up to the hospital entrance from the parking lot, and get my surgery report. Hope your report is good. Keep us informed. Hope your recovery is good.
Unread 04-26-2003, 06:11 AM
b9?

hi so far i have been told pelvic washings were normal and they did several margin disections that came up with nothing. i dont think i had lymph nodes checked cause dr. toldme if b9 he wouldnt. since you had something that was just turning into possible cancer what kind of testing will they do for you to keep an eye on you...anything?
Unread 04-26-2003, 06:30 AM
Who Knows

Hey Macc

Did they tell you exactly what a pelvic washing is, I didn't ask at the time I was just overwhelmed by what I found out. They told me they were going to classify me as having a borderline ovarian tumor. I don't know if they'll do anything to keep an eye on it or if they will even need to. My grandmother died at age 45 with female cancer. I was only about 7 yrs old but remember it quite well. I hope this is all over as far as cancer for me. Thanks for the reply.
Unread 04-26-2003, 03:31 PM
b9?

hi i never really got into asking the surgean about it but as far as i understand the washing its done while your open on the operating table to check for cancer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register