My girdle is killing me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My girdle is killing me My girdle is killing me

Unread 04-26-2003, 09:21 PM
My girdle is killing me

Hi this may sound kind of silly but the lady that was in the bed next to me when I had my op and had also gone thru the same surgery as I told me that when she had her c sections she always put a girdle on once she started to go back to work for the first few weeks because it helped support her where the incision was. I have tried this today, but now I am just dying to rush home and pull it off. Has anybody else heard of this and is it ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2003, 09:34 PM
My girdle is killing me

LOL!!! Yes, I did the girdle thing for Easter, I wanted so bad to go to church. My swelly belly was so happy to get out of that thing. The swelling goes on in spite of us holding it in there with a girdle. I think in time as the swelling subsides, the girdle will be more comfortable, I had to laugh at your post, sorry. I just really understood how you felt. I did enjoy looking nice for Easter though!!!! I just don't know that I can wear that thing for days in a row at this point, I am just past 7 weeks.
Unread 04-27-2003, 07:17 AM
My girdle is killing me

Well, let me tell you my girdle story! I was 2 weeks post op, had one for the swelly belly! I struggled to get into it and it felt so good at first! I wore jeans and they fit! We went to lunch in a nice place and while eating I was getting real uncomfortable, and the more I ate the worse it got! What to do? I went to the ladies room, and always carry sissors in my purse....uhhhhhhhhhhhhh I sat on the toilet and cut the thing right off of me! One leg at a time, pulled that sucker out and whomp in the garbage! My belly exploded with surprise and relief! I felt sooooo good!
Now ladies, I could not get my jeans off as to untie sneakers, and lift the feet out of the jeans would have been a 2 person job! And in a 2 foot toilet with nothing to hang onto, and no way to bend over...it was a nightmare! My Right side was still so sore from the surgery, appendix and former bowel blockage! Sooooooo I did what had to be done! LOL.........Snip, snip, snip!
Ten dollars in the garbage can, worn for only one and a half hrs.....
I went back to the table and ate my whole dinner, and was soooooo much better, and my belly was so happy! I had a hard time not to laugh as laughing hurt!
Nan-c (free! Free! Free at last!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2003, 07:22 AM
My girdle is killing me

I am just past 7 weeks as well. A friend suggested trying these body shapers. They are panties with a front panel for support. I bought a few at K-Mart and they are wonderful. They really help my swelly feel better. I go back to work on Thurs. so hopefully they will help. I also stocked up on elastic waist band pants and capri's. Just can't get into my normal clothes and feel totally comfortable yet.
That girdle they gave me in the hospital felt way to tight for me. It was great for the first couple of times getting up out of bed though.

Pam- SAH 3/5/03 heavy bleeding
Unread 04-27-2003, 08:35 AM
My girdle is killing me

I wear a one piece body briefer and love it. It distributes the support all over and has nothing to cut in around the middle. Great invention!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register