Mother of 5 diagnosed w/High Grade desplasia/Tumor - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mother of 5 diagnosed w/High Grade desplasia/Tumor Mother of 5 diagnosed w/High Grade desplasia/Tumor

Unread 05-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Thank You everyone!!

I am crying alot today, and now again just reading the lovely replies! I don't know you all but, You would'nt believe how it feels to have friends (sisters) that understand! I'm sorry, Yes, you do-That why we are all here! Most people are saying it's just like a cessarian, That's a load because, What I read on this site makes a cessarian look like childs play.
I am steam cleaning my carpets so when my step-mother comes to help, I won't be embarrassed or anyone else for that matter! I need to do some Gardening tomorrow.........I actually love that and it does clear my mind! So much to do before Thursday! I do have my husband's Goddaughter (19yr.)coming Wednesday night to be here for the twins (2 1/2yr.) for the next morning and hopefully for friday too. I think I'll just box up my clutter and throw it in the attic and hire a maid so I can enjoy my out door work tomorrow! lololol.....As you can see, I'm very nervous, I'm going to miss my Babies! The longest I've been away from them is about 3-4 hrs. I can't imagine 5-7 days? )c: My hubby is a good daddy but, Let's face it, No one can take care of children like a mother! - Lord, Please lay your healing hands upon me after this surgery so that I may come home quickly. I pray Lord that you send you Angels to watch over my family. Lord give me Peace and faith in you so that I may consentrate on recovering. Calm me Lord Jesus!I also pray for my other sister's up coming surgeries and or recoveries In your Amazing Grace, Amen! (c: I feel better!
Thank You Sister's I Love you all!
Faith, from Illinois
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Mother of 5 diagnosed w/High Grade desplasia/Tumor

AMEN, Faith!!
Unread 05-15-2003, 02:01 PM
post Op 1 week

I had surgery last Thursday 5/8/03. Went home on Mother's Day! I must admitt if it wan't for me having a c-section with my twins I don't think I could deal with it! The ear plugs are a MUST!!!, Only problems I have had was I could not poop! and was terribly painful, because of hemmorids I couldn't push gas out either! Coughing hurt as well as laughing. I do however advise you girls who are going in for surgury DO NOT go out to eat the night before surgery!!! If they say do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before, DO NOT go out to dinner at 8pm and order a 8 oz. filet! I don't think I saw the salad come out of my behind until Sunday......That was the reason I was able to go home, And that was with help from a seposatory<sp. SO EAT LIGHT the night before! I had my mother come and help w/5 kids and she was wonderful! she had to leave today though, She lives in Michigan and had to get home! But, she stayed for 4 day's so I could rest which was great! I can do some light house cleaning and lazy stuff But, I FEEL WONDERFUL!!!! I was really thinking this would hurt more than this, I had my tumor removed, Uterus and Cervix taken out! Now, I am going to bed for more rest!! TA-Ta!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2003, 02:37 PM

Hi, TeaTime!

Great to hear that you're recovering so well. I also had trouble with passing gas. It was so painful that I was crying, and the pain actually moved up into my chest. They kept me an extra day to ensure I could pass gas. The bowel movement didn't come for another three days, but they let me go home after the gas came.

It's interesting that your doctors let you eat anything before surgery. A lot of us had to do "bowel prep," which involves fully cleaning out the day before, and only ingesting a liquid diet.

Oh, the fun things we talk about on this board! ;-)

Anyway, I am happy that you're already doing better. And I love the Bible quote you're using as your signature! It's a good reminder. :-)

s!
Unread 05-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Faith...

I'm so glad you are feeling well, but please remember to keep resting. You don't want to overdue it. Sometimes you forget you are still recouperating when you are feeling well, but then it will come back and bite you. I know, it happened to me, then you will start feeling worse. So please don't overdue it, you need all the strength you can get for your little ones.

Good luck.

's and ers to you...
Unread 05-15-2003, 05:16 PM

(((Faith)))

I'm happy to hear you are home and doing well. Remember though that you are still a new and should not be doing any housework at this stage of the game. You need rest! It's easy to feel good the first week or two when the anesthesia still has you a little dull and the pain meds are masking the pain, but a lot of ladies start to feel the problems around week 3 or 4 when they've already overdone it. So take it easy for another couple of weeks! You'll want to be in tiptop shape as soon as possible, so rest now so you can heal properly. I'm sure that just visiting with the children and helping them with homework is enough (I have 6, so I already know how that works ).

Good luck with your healing!

Unread 05-15-2003, 07:44 PM

Hi Faith!

I'm glad that you are home and feeling "wonderful"! That's great. I do have to chime in along with the others tho....please take it easy. There have been so many stories on these boards about ladies who felt good, did too much, and ended up with problems.

Unread 05-16-2003, 08:05 AM

Dear Faith,

I am so glad you are cancer free. It is a worry, isn't it? I hope you are enjoying being at home again after the hospital. I felt like I was being released from prison into the sunshine when I came out after my surgery on 1st. May.

Now from one mother of five to another, please take it easy! I am now 16 days post-op and I am still doing absolutely nothing other than resting, going for short walks, reading and occasionally typing on the computer, etc. Unfortunately my husband has to go back to work on Monday so I only have two more days of leisure left, but I intend to go on doing minimal housework and no lifting for another four weeks at least. Luckily I homeschool and have two very capable and able-bodied teenagers to help me with the 1 year old and the 6 year old. Please make sure you have the help you need especially with the 2 year old twins: you must not lift them for at least 6 weeks or you will risk a hernia on your incision. Best of luck for a healthy and happy future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register