sooooo tired... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sooooo tired... sooooo tired...

Unread 04-27-2003, 11:28 AM
sooooo tired...

Ladies - help I am almost 5 weeks post op from a full hyst. and I am EXHAUSTED!!! I went back to work last Monday and I know that has something to do with it, but I have no desire or energy to do anything. For those of you who have been thru this PLEASE give me some hints and/or tell me this will pass soon.
I am not enjoying life at this point and it is REALLY depressing me!!!
Life seems overwhelming at this point and I am trying to take each day one at a time, but it is VERY difficult.
Thanks so much for the support -

Marleydog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2003, 11:58 AM
sooooo tired...

Five weeks is still early in your recovery. And going back to work just adds more on. I remember feeling so worn out that I got up in the morning and wanted to go back to bed within the hour. It takes alot out of your body to recover and heal from this surgery, and your body is telling you to rest rest rest. But you sound so down in the dumps, I'd give your Dr a call and tell him how you are feeling and what is going on. Have you gone in for your post op check up yet? Maybe he can recommend something to help you. I'm sending you big hugs!
Unread 04-27-2003, 02:15 PM
sooo tired......

You are not alone! I am 6 wks post op and feel alot better than I did at 4 wks - couldn't even get off the couch for hours because I was so tired! It lasted about two weeks and now it's manageable (I just have to remember to lay down for a quick nap when my body tells me to!)
So try not to worry too much, it will get better, and if you can, maybe cut down your work hours and gradually increase them as time goes on???

Best of Luck to you!!!
Chantal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2003, 11:25 PM
sooooo tired...

Marleydog, we have the same surgery date. (LAVH--took out the works). I'm very discouraged as well. Not only do I spend 90% of my day on the couch, this is a setback. A week or two ago I could do all kinds of things, but then I got really tired & sore. When I went to the store I felt like I could faint. So now I'm trying to be patient & rest when needed. I try to do the things that take the most energy when it's a point in the day when I'm feeling my strongest. I read someone here said they felt so much better at about 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. So that is what is keeping me going. We need some kind of hope. Hang in there & rest when you can/need to. I figure by next weekend things should turn around.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register