Infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Infection

I just wanted to post a quick update to what has been going on with me. My PT level as of last week was too high (5.2 and it should be 2-3)so they changed my coumadin around to 10 mg every other day to see if that helps. I am still fighting the infections on my tummy. Currently I have 2 open wounds to allow the pus to drain. But the infection has spread again and when I go today I am sure I will end up with more cuts. Everytime they do that it makes me very ill with nausea and a fever. I have run a fever all weekend anyway. I am getting very discouraged and wonder if there is another way to handle this. He says satellite abscesses are common but it is getting very old. My tummy is rock hard from the scarring. I did get into see a hematoligist that said my DR was doing what is expected. He said though he would recommend coumadin for life. They sent off blood work to see if I have a clotting disorder also since I am needing pretty hefty doses of coumadin and have lost a few babies to MC. I go to the DR today again to check the draining abscesses and I suppose I will come home with some new drains again. Or he may put me in the castle for IV antibiotics. Maybe that will get rid of it for good

It hurts to sit for long and go up and down the steps so I am having a hard time keeping up here.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. ((hugs)) to my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Infection

Sherry, I'm so sorry you are taking such a long time to heal. I'm sure it must be very discouraging. At this point I think I'd be feeling pretty helpless and looking for ways to help myself not feel that way. I don't know what will work for you. For me, it seems that meditation and journalling helps. I'll be thinking of you today and hoping that treatment is helpful SOON.
Unread 04-28-2003, 06:31 AM
Infection

Dear Sherry,

I hope you get some much deserved relief today. You seem to be fighting an up hill battle.

God Bless You,
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Infection

Oh (((Sherry))), I'm so sorry things aren't getting any better. If you get a choice, my vote would be for checking into the castle and letting them take care of you... especially if you need IV antibiotics and drains... it would be better to have some nursing care with all that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will be getting better soon.
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Infection

Hi Sherry,

I don't know if I have missed your posts but have not seen an update from you. How is your infection? Has it cleared up. Please give us an update when you feel up to it. I have been very concerned. If you are in the castle I hope they are taking very good care of you.

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 05-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Infection

Hi Sherry!!

I am so sorry that you are still going through all of this.

If I were you I would demand to be admitted to the hospital to get it all under control and bypass all of the coming and going you are having to do. It sounds like you are going daily for the draining and checking of your infection sites. You REALLY need to be on IV antibiotics and monitored in a controlled setting.

It has to be miserable for you to have to get up and get out like you do to have everything checked when if they admit you there is no need to you to have to go through that and it could probably be controlled alot better than it is right now.

Please consider fighting to be admitted. I know you probably have no strength left to fight, but make DH take a stand for you.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing, we are very worried about you!!

Unread 05-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Sorry

But I was admitted last Monday (11 days ago) and had emergancy surgery to open up my belly and explore it for more infection. I have an IV in my chest now and am home today. I have IV antiobiotics at home and home health is also unpacking and packing (OUCH) my wound 2 times a day. I will post more when my stair legs and energy come back.

Thanks everyone!
Unread 05-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Infection

(((((Sherry))))) I am soooo relieved to see your post today. I know it can't be fun, what you're having to deal with now, but I feel better knowing that your infection is being treated more aggressively. We want to make sure to keep you around with us!

Take care, sweetie, and let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

-Linda
Unread 05-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Infection

Sherry so good to hear from you! I hope you will finally start mending properly. I figured you were probably in the hospital. Take care & glad you have Home Health. They were a great help when my MIL was ill.

I have been praying!
Terry
Unread 05-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Infection

Flicker,

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Do you mind sharing what type of infection you are battling? I'm six weeks post op today and I've had cellulits that won't quit and recently a granuloma in the same spot. I'm not on antibiotics right now pending some blood work.

The docs seem content to wait until I'm 8-12 weeks post op before they panic. I'm not running a fever so I think they aren't real worried about this yet. My energy level stinks though. Any recommendations on what I should be looking for if the infection does not heal in the next few weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register